We’re All Going To Die An Early Death

I feel complete when there is smokey, fatty meat in my life cooked over wood or charcoal. Grim reaper should be knocking on the door any minute now! :tsk:

I will not go gently into the night.

Non-meat grilling or BBQ'ing pansies.

Mankind been SOMEHOW SOMEWAY propagating the species for 200+ millennia eating food over an open flame.

Would love to see the real specifics on this "study" … how the hell they quantify/qualify 3% per decade? Some massive cohort study fraught with being error prone? Did the scientists adjust for anything else that these Chinese study participants may have been exposed to?

Statistically speaking an infinite amount of monkeys typing on an infinite number of type writers would eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare. Yeah … statistics.

Edit: I didn't realize the article continued...yeah big cohort study.

Last edited:
You know it just amazes me how these articles get published. 12% is it?

Really?
How long did you study this? (2 centuries?)
How many subjects? (millions?)
What were your control groups? etc.

It goes on.

I moderate this risk by watching Yosemete Sam twice a week. Apparently this increases your lifespan by 15%. :mrgreen:

Really?

It goes on.

I moderate this risk by watching Yosemete Sam twice a week. Apparently this increases your lifespan by 15%. :mrgreen:

Dang, I can't find Yosemite on anywhere.

I once worked with a guy that always said "I'm gonna die from something, but starvation aint gonna be it.". I concur.

Really?

It goes on.

it's fun with numbers....a 12 percent increase so if there is a 25 percent chance of heart disease without grilled meat adding it would give you just under a 28 percent chance instead. it gets more paltry if the # goes lower, they do this with health issues caused by bacon all the time and it's always worth the risk

^^^^ Mmmmmm bacon... I hope to be wrapped in bacon when I'm cremated.

Cancer, heart-disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s... if your gonna let something kill ‘ya, might as well be something that gives you pleasure.

I’m no research physician, but how the hell do you determine which is greater lifestyle or DNA?

Raised by a guy with a 8th grade education from TN - drank bourbon, ate like us, smoked cigars and chewed ungodly amounts of Beachnut EVERY DAY (all of em). Worked cattle into his 80s. Died in his sleep. Study that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

r2Q9QAs.jpg

LOL grandpa was an asbestos miner and then a talc powder miner, he smoked pall mall unfiltered cigarettes (2-4 packs a day), drank black velvet whisky from a "handle" bottle like water and supplemented with Miller Lite he died at 96.

Never watched his diet and died in his sleep, he hated doctors and would not go no matter what. Coolest guy I ever met, after storming Normandy during D Day he would raise a middle finger to "rules" any chance he got.

Interesting how things work sometimes. I live a pretty clean life and have just been diagnosed with brain cancer. WTF.

Interesting how things work sometimes. I live a pretty clean life and have just been diagnosed with brain cancer. WTF.

Hate to hear that. Lost a grandmother and a best friend to brain cancer. Not sure why the good Lord tolerates such things.... Godspeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back