High Plains Shenanigans - Ribs & Rubs Play

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Could use some input from smarter folks than I... discovered the Championship BBQ Supply Store that Adams mentioned up in Amarillo, and picked up a few new tools for the toolbox.

7hcL0KYh.jpg

I have a rack of spares, 2 small JD Hot chubs, and 1 large store brand hot chub.

ETJ1Ig2h.jpg

Suggestions on experimentation on the blank canvas, as it were?

I don’t see any way to go wrong. Me??? I’d do Good Sh@t bone side, Honey Chipotle meat side on the spares. I’d do one each of remaining on Fattys.

That chipotle rub on those spares and your skills- dry or gooey sticky sweet heat will be amazing.

Light a fire!!

PS- that store brand log goes killer in Mac cheese-chili- Sausage Balls.

Seeing as I put this up short notice, I'm going with a variant of Adams' suggestion above.

Good Chit on the bones side... halfsies of Dizzy Dust and Killer Bee (munchkin found the chipotle in the Killer Bee a little spicy for her taste).

7TohIQQh.jpg

:cool: Tuned in!

Gold Star Chicken and everything from Big Cock Ranch rules. :thumb:

I decided to hit some of the tips and such with the Smokin' Guns Hot and the Good Chit (alone).

Really liked the fact that I could taste the rubs in the store, and I even put a couple back that I was about to buy based on the result.

Love that Dizzy Pig... Immediately looked for the Gold Star Chicken based on your collective words in the past few weeks.

This is my first stick burning cook in 3 weeks... and I can tell I'm off my fire management game. I swear it's taking forever to get this girl to settle in for the long haul.

Sorry... forgot a quick shot of the sauna when I put the kids in.

You can really make out the Killer Bee (L) and Dizzy Dust (R) on the rack.

OXCtFbfh.jpg

I booke out the Smokin' Guns for one fatty, and discovered an unopened green chile rub in the pantry :shock:

kIhbtfih.jpg

Just pulled in that little "flap" of meat from the bone side (bottom right of the smoker photo) that I hit with Good Chit. Sliced that baby up a bit and gave it a sample. :shock: :clap2: This stuff is great!

waiting patiently for the finished product

Can you teach our 2.5 yr old some of that patience? :loco:

I gave the munchkin a bite of that little flap... and she nearly pinched the rest intended for CINCHOUSE! - I think the verdict for the "Good Chit" is positive thus far.

Looks like a nice batch of Q from here. Need a taste-tester? Ill volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why is there a pig skull on the chicken rub?

Don't ask questions you don't want answers to... :loco:

Looks like a nice batch of Q from here. Need a taste-tester? Ill volunteer.

Come on down to the SW Brethren Bash (wherever we find ourselves)!

r8TIOY2h.jpg

About to pull the ribs. Yeah, they look pretty good.

f4CxdiNh.jpg

Rest in a "space blanket" for a while should work out well.

Fatties nearly ready to come inside.

I have been using that DIZZY PIG DIZZY DUST for years.All of their rubs are first rate.I keep the regular and coarse grind in stock all the time.If I could ONLY have ONE commercial rub,Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust would be It and I have tried dozens of commercial rubs.Chris Campbell and the Dizzy Pig crew are top shelf,just like their products.

Life happened, so I didn't have a chance to post an update last night.

Fatties came off at 170F, looking really nice. They're wrapped up and in the fridge for use this week.

6ZkdZVMh.jpg

The ribs really worked out in the end.

FV9aNVRh.jpg

CINCHOUSE whipped up a batch of her doctored beans, and wilted some red chard with some garlic and red chili flake.

oKPYOF1h.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed the flavors on the bones. As per usual, you folks didn't steer me anywhere but the right direction.

Back