High Plains Steak & 'Tatoes (now, w/ Pr0n)!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Though we had a day-off midweek, it's been a long week.

Successfully making it through to this evening called for steak & 'taters ("'tatoes" in CowGirl-ese).

I've had a hankerin' for some blue cheese potatoes (a family favorite), but I needed some Hasselhoff 'taters (the Germans love those).

I hit the T-Bone (oops... thought CINCHOUSE was thawing a ribeye) with some Oakridge 1/2 & 1/2 of Santa Maria and Carne Crosta.

The Vortex isn't just good for cooking chicken, folks. It's magic for cooking steak and anything with good indirect heat.

pVz7Rdvh.jpg

Good 25sec sear after I took the steak to about 112-115:

tROTLFSh.jpg

'Tatoes came out like a champ, but I'd prob give 'em like 20 more minutes to really get the middle nice and soft/mealy. Flavor was ridiculous!

V3hnYzlh.jpg

Bring on the weekend!

Can't go wrong with steak and taters. I use my vortex for searing, but never for the full cook. How long did it take to get to 115?

I use my vortex for searing, but never for the full cook. How long did it take to get to 115?

Oh, about 10-12 minutes... with the steak sitting rather close to the top rim of the Vortex with a couple of flips at 5 and 10-ish.

Outstanding Marc! Hasselhoff taters FTW. Oh and I'm always torn between porterhouse and ribeye. :hungry: Killer looking steak.

Great post! I always, always, always get ribeyes, and you got me thinkin...'cause I could go for some of that.

Taters look righteous as well - and as to the Germans loving Hasselhoff potatoes - that got me! :laugh:

One outstanding looking cook there. Interesting looking potato, never thought of cooking that method, but since those are the wife's fave, worth a shot.

Wow, Marc!

Killer! :thumb: The steak looks awesome, and the spuds are right there with it.

I never thought of mixing Santa Maria with Carne Crosta. I'm going to do this on my next steak cook.

Back