THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Saw chicken feet at the store so figured why not for dinner tonight. Did a simmer for about an hour then drained and made a sauce with some soy, sriracha, hoisin, fish sauce and sugar.

Since tomorrow is the 4th had to do a little red, white and blue :becky:

5i4Ik1Gl.jpg

0Vcjj71l.jpg

2mw4WeGl.jpg

yqmdtYTl.jpg

jucINmgl.jpg

fArD8u0l.jpg

ESLkaTnl.jpg

Z1oM2JCl.jpg

pwiiJnnl.jpg

zdDeDhwl.jpg

64KL0SCl.jpg

GhA6ZSrl.jpg

N0d5plsl.jpg

OyLFLfYl.jpg

EsIkuwRl.jpg

A true American.

Jason, that is. Probably the chickens too, but I don't know. I must say this is the first time I have seen a poultry pedicure.

Sort of surprised there were any to buy in the US...I thought the only reason we did not export more to China was the fact that chickens only have 2 feet.

I woke up today wanting something "different"... THAT ain't it. :grin:

I used to live in Arcadia, CA, and shopped at a store called The Pantry. Then I went back 15 years later and it was a huge Chinese grocery. Chicken feet. Duck heads. Lots of ..unusual...items, at least to an American palate.

They really a like fatty tasty chicken skin morsels. A little meat, but the soft fat and skin is good and tastes (as chicken does) like whatever you put on it. I need to deep fry some and try a few of those recipes.

Made some for a throwdown once. Pretty good, but too much work for the small amount that is actually edible.

Back