Gas grill ????

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
As some know I’m working on a outdoor cooking area.... I already have a 4 gallon Cajun fryer by RV works.... blackstone griddle ( modidfied by me)... a fire pit/ charcoal grill built by me... finishing up on a brick pit..... I have a vertical cooker that I built and love.... it’s essentially a firebox/ warmer that would go on a 30 inch diameter cook chamber..... I’m toying with the idea of a gas grill too... yes I could prolly buy burners and make my on.... but still thinking of purchasing one.... the problem I as most have in a few years the burner peter out..... that being said..... what is a really good brand with exceptionally good burners....... thx TQ

Lynx or Blaze. If getting a Blaze get the professional series it has serious burners. They're not inexpensive but will outlast just about anything else.
Blaze is from Louisiana!

We bought a Blaze at the apartment complex where I work. It indeed has some serious burners. We got it from BBQGuys in Lousiana, but I am pretty sure it is Chinese made. It is a 5 burner, and we swapped one out for an infrared sear burner. It has an infrared burner across tge back for a roti, which we also got. The whole shooting match was $2400 including the cart. If I recall, the cart was $600, so building it in would save some dough. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Budget is key... how much $$$ you willing to spend? ANd how much surface area you looking for (small/ medium/large/ mucho-grander)

Last edited:
As some know I’m working on a outdoor cooking area.... I already have a 4 gallon Cajun fryer by RV works.... blackstone griddle ( modidfied by me)... a fire pit/ charcoal grill built by me... finishing up on a brick pit..... I have a vertical cooker that I built and love.... it’s essentially a firebox/ warmer that would go on a 30 inch diameter cook chamber..... I’m toying with the idea of a gas grill too... yes I could prolly buy burners and make my on.... but still thinking of purchasing one.... the problem I as most have in a few years the burner peter out..... that being said..... what is a really good brand with exceptionally good burners....... thx TQ

Paul,

They are ridiculously expensive, but I installed a Lynx 30" grill in my last outdoor kitchen along with a separate infrared side burner, and just like your products I could not be more impressed with the quality. The burners were made from Red Brass and weighed about 15 pounds each. Definitely will last longer than me! The exterior was 304 stainless made from single sheets of steel folded over. Every couple of years I had to replace an ignitor, but no big deal. Also replaced the fire bricks after four years. Best gas grill I have owned over the last 40 years I have been grilling, and my biggest regret when I sold the house is that I didn't take it with me!

Good luck!

David

Paul,

They are ridiculously expensive, but I installed a Lynx 30" grill in my last outdoor kitchen along with a separate infrared side burner, and just like your products I could not be more impressed with the quality. The burners were made from Red Brass and weighed about 15 pounds each. Definitely will last longer than me! The exterior was 304 stainless made from single sheets of steel folded over. Every couple of years I had to replace an ignitor, but no big deal. Also replaced the fire bricks after four years. Best gas grill I have owned over the last 40 years I have been grilling, and my biggest regret when I sold the house is that I didn't take it with me!

Good luck!

David

thx buddy i will check them out.... i might have to sell some cookers..... so i can buy a cooker.......:oops:

I have to have a Gasser just because of the Wife's and my schedules. After she gets finished with mowing the yard and such, we need something quick and easy.

Are you going to build it into your cooking area or freestanding? Ron L has some great info on upper end gassers. If you convert it to Nat Gas you do not get the same BTUs as with propane. As for me, my Weber has served me well for many years. I've replaced the burners once. Their high end models come with lifetime parts guarantee and the Customer service is second to none.

Good luck with your choice Sir.

I had a lynx 30” a few years back. Lifetime warranty on burners (1/4” thick solid brass)...all 304ss body....it was the best gas grill I have ever owned or used.

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All of my grills are charcoal. That said, I asked the Weber rep which gas grill he would recommend. He said the Genesis II- S-310. I asked if I could cook on it twice a week for ten years and he said absolutely. It has a 10 year warranty. So if I ever buy a gas grill, this will be it.

I have a Saber 500 built in. Great cooker. Although not gas, I'd also look into a Memphis pellet grill. I was on the fence and went with the Saber because it was cheaper.

A good friend just bought a Lion gas grill for the outdoor kitchen he is building. I think he spent 1.5k on the gasser, but the burners were cast stainless (I think, I kind of zoned out when he started talking about gas parts) with a lifetime warranty. Apparently the owner had been at another high end gas grill company, and split off and built a new company that addressed all the complaints about the previous place.

I mean, fundamentally your choices fall into three ranges. The first is budget grills, in which I would go for the Weber Q line or Broil Mates. The second is mid priced - say maybe $400-$1000, in which Weber and Broil King are, at least by consensus, your best bet. Then we have the sky-is-the-limit range at which there are a lot of expensive and very nice options, none of which I will probably ever have firsthand knowledge of.

After nearly a decade of a gasser embargo I picked up a Napoleon Pro. I couldn't be happier with it.

It wasn't cheap but it wasn't insanely expensive either. Comes with lifetime warranty on the outside bits and 10 years on the burners. So I figure it's about the same as one of the mid to lower tier over it's lifetime and it performs much better.

The wife who normally could burn water has even been using it and has turned out some great food. The saying around the house lately has been, "I don't know if it's the cook or the cooker, but damn this is good!"

Like you, I have a UDS, Weber Performer, Blackstone griddle. Also have a Rec Tec pellet pooper and a Weber gasser. Each has a strong suit. Since I bought the pellet pooper, though, I haven't fired up the gasser. Might be something to consider. Just my $.02.

That being said, I'm very happy with the Weber gasser. It is over 18 years old and I haven't replaced a thing.

I have had a BroilMaster P3 (black with stainless body) for over 15 years. At the time, the warranty was stellar. I get stainless bowtie burners anytime I need and just pay small shipping. They have replaced warped grates and overall service has been outstanding.

I would consider this to be a middle of the road from a cost perspective compared to others mentioned. I don't use it often any more due to all of my other cooking tools outside, but is nice to have one when needed.

Back