What do you do with your covers?

kwas68

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What do you guys do with your covers while the grill/smoker you are using is in use? I normally just throw it over another grill/smoker that isn't being used. Is there a more elegant solution?

I'm building a smoke shack for my assorted grills, smokers and griddle. Each one has a cover. Even though there will be a roof, I'll probably still cover them as they will still be partially open to the elements. I'm always looking for slick ideas that I can design in. Hooks? Storage box?

My covers always end up draped over another cooker or the railing to my deck. Sometimes a chair. Sometimes 'gasp' even on the ground. Never seems to be a problem...unless it rains.

I tend to tuck my grills and smokers away when not using them. So I'll usually pull them out, and put the cover back where the thing was sitting in the first place.

Except my gasser on my deck. That cover just gets tossed somewhere in the direction away from the house! :razz:

I normally just throw it over another grill/smoker that isn't being used.
+1 :grin:

Coat rack hook would probably workout for you depending on how big your covers are.

Depends on how big the cover is and whether it will get in the way. I'll lay a larger cover across the bed of the truck, while a small one (like a Weber kettle cover) I just set on the ground.

Over the deck railing. If it looks like rain, on the porch so it will stay dry.

I put mine over deck railing, over a deck chair, on a patio table or over another grill. Whatever is handy. If it looks like rain or we are having company I'll put it in the garage.

Keep it close in case I sense wifey coming and don't have time to run for cover.. I'll duck under it and play possum like the guy on cops under the kiddie pool.

I have an old cooler on my deck that I stick my covers in. I usually don't cover my grills unless there is bad weather coming, so they are out of sight out of mind most of the time.

Just throw mine on the ground somewhere if it's windy I put a rock on it

Back