Lingcod on the Weber Kettle

JasonS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This past Sunday, I went fishing on a friends boat and caught this really nice 10lb Lingcod and some assorted rockfish. We were fishing an area just off of La Jolla, Ca.

27735310767_268e75b063_z.jpg

I knew there was a “fish” throwdown underway, so I just had to figure out how to put this together to have an entry. I came up with my plan and got it going on Monday.

I made a bowl of ceviche, using the rockfish and scraps from the lingcod. We snacked on this, while I prepared the lingcod filets for the grill. I made the ceviche the previous night, so it could marinate overnight.

40796573200_e87329bf61_z.jpg

I made an egg wash, that I seasoned with some Tony Chachere’s. I dunked the filets in the egg wash, then coated with Panko bread crumbs. I have never grilled anything with bread crumbs before, so wasn’t sure it would work out the way I hoped. I lightly sprayed them with cooking spray, thinking that would help them get crispy. Not sure if it helped or not, but they ended up very crisy!

42603293021_69f3623129_c.jpg

Here is the plated pic. I made some mango salsa, which added just the right flavor to compliment the mild flavor of the fish. Served with a bagged spinach salad from Trader Joe’s

28730198468_f6a1f7fe2a_b.jpg

I've never thought of breading something destined for the grill, looks like it worked out well :thumb:

Fine looking plate of fish. First time I have seen breading on fish cooked on the grill also. Looks like it worked out well.

Yep that all looks good. Never heard of lingcod but it makes me think of an exotic looking walleye to look at that first pic.

Nice catch!

Man, that's some nice lookin' ceviche, and I really like the grilled result w/ salad.

Looks wonderful!

That’s a great looking meal all around. Love the breaded and grilled method. There is some history around here of kettle or barrel smoked/grilled fried chicken too. Never tried it myself but it always looked great.

I’d hit that meal hard! Nice job!

I'm so gonna copy this, we have been eating fish at least once a week and I'm running out of ideas, thank you!

Thanks for all of the nice comments, glad you guys enjoyed the post!

Never heard of lingcod but it makes me think of an exotic looking walleye to look at that first pic.

These fish live in holes in the reef/rock and eat just about anything you get in front of them…if you can find them. Super aggressive strike and can rock you in a heartbeat...gotta be quick!

I'm so gonna copy this, we have been eating fish at least once a week and I'm running out of ideas, thank you!

The fresh Pacific Halibut from Costco, would work very well for this!

Back