My best pulled pork to date

Erikbarnes25

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Started at 745 this morning on my Camp Chef DLX. Once I hit 170 I put in a pan but did not cover. At 200 I pulled off the grill and let it rest for an hour and a half. Bone came out spotless and DAMN it was good! Seasoned with Bone Suckin Sauce Dry Rub.

Attachments

• 20180605_074359.jpg
    20180605_074359.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 437
  • 20180605_172018.jpg
    20180605_172018.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 20180605_174438.jpg
    20180605_174438.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 433
That is some mighty fine looking pulled pork I could really go for some of it right now. I have been wanting to try some of the Bone Suckin Sauce Dry Rub myself. After seeing this post I guess I will have to get some. Fine job :thumb:

I love their mustard sauce too! That pan idea is excellent. I will be stealing it :)

Usually if you cover it yes, i just put in pan to get save extra juices. Im not 100% sure if just panning an no cover speeds anything up.

Do you normally cover it in the pan, wrap in foil, or let it ride naked? Just curious if by just putting it in a pan to let it sit in its juices is what made it better than your normal game plan.
Thanks

Do you normally cover it in the pan, wrap in foil, or let it ride naked? Just curious if by just putting it in a pan to let it sit in its juices is what made it better than your normal game plan.
Thanks

My previous cooks have all been wrapped

Was there any type of wire rack to elevate it or no? Fat side up or doesn't matter? Did it take longer than when you wrap in foil?

Was there any type of wire rack to elevate it or no? Fat side up or doesn't matter? Did it take longer than when you wrap in foil?

I thought about putting on a wire rack but didnt, just layed it in the pan. Fat cap up the entire cook, but I have heard you can do either. It took a little longer than when I wrapped but was in no hurry. 9 hours total cook time. I let rest for an hour and a half (wish i had time for another hour of rest but family was beating me up to eat) it was still 173 IT when I started pulling it. Cant wait to do it again!!

Nice,
does that campchef hold temps ok?

so faf so good! It fluctuates about 20 to 25 degrees total from my temp setting (usually up to 20 over and down to 5 under) havent seen any other huge differences. I also use an ambient temp probe on my Weber Igrill 2 and it stays pretty consistent with the readout on the grill

Back