Chicken Lollipop Experiment

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had the day off, and Sako's chicken lollipops really caught my eye as I discovered that the large package of chicken in our deep freeze was in fact NOT wings, but drumsticks!

My technique isn't nearly as good as others I've seen (I should've done a second cut lower into the meaty section to clean-up some more tendons, etc.).

hCi5S9Rh.jpg

Decided to dust most of the bird with a championship rub from Caveman Cuisine, and the others with a Green Chile rub from AlbuKirky.

VKzSJqVh.jpg

For the final glaze (only for the Caveman Cuisine rubbed bird), I chose a Rufus Teague Honey Sauce with some Cherry Preserves:

TmRzwR4h.jpg

eEDJwq3h.jpg

I'll have the Vortex up and running, perhaps with a small chunk of pecan... and I expect that this will take just 30-40 minutes of cooking.

More to come.

That was over an hour ago, so:mmph:

Marc is just being a tease.

You gents know me too well.

About to sit down and devour these... probably minimal plated shots to come, but here they are coming off the kettle.

cMa3Sbbh.jpg

xIh60lZh.jpg

Here's how the Green Chile rub turned out.

dY5lDVOh.jpg

Here's the Caveman Cuisine in the Rufus Teague + Cherry Preserve Glaze.

dDW4FF7h.jpg

See y'all in a bit. I'm hawngry!

Great looking plate. And I agree, this place is great for the taste buds, and horrible for the diet, and wallet.

Looks great from here brother! I say you did a fine job trimming it. I don't waste too much time and just push the meat down, snip the tendons.

Back