Digiq DX2 use on two different pits?

TX_LJ

I have a DX2 that I run my Large BGE with. I've got another insulated vertical pit that's being built that I'd planned on using the same controller with.

Any issues in moving between the two in terms of fire management? I thought I read/heard somewhere that the computer somehow 'learned' how your pit reacted to temps and air inputs etc. Any truth to this or does it purely react to the temps and readings for the current fire? I can't seem to find anything one way or the other.

Thanks!

My experience, neither Flameboss or DigiQ learn anything. There is no keep alive memory. They would have to record and adjust/change the algorithm. That ain't happening. That I can ever see.
If either actually "learned" your/any cooker. I would not dislike them so much. Heck mine can not hold temp for more than 6 hrs before just turning on the fan and raising the temps 60+ degrees before I shut them down. POS

I have a DX2 that I run my Large BGE with. I've got another insulated vertical pit that's being built that I'd planned on using the same controller with.

Any issues in moving between the two in terms of fire management? I thought I read/heard somewhere that the computer somehow 'learned' how your pit reacted to temps and air inputs etc. Any truth to this or does it purely react to the temps and readings for the current fire? I can't seem to find anything one way or the other.

Thanks!

My experience, neither Flameboss or DigiQ learn anything. There is no keep alive memory. They would have to record and adjust/change the algorithm. That ain't happening. That I can ever see.
If either actually "learned" your/any cooker. I would not dislike them so much. Heck mine can not hold temp for more than 6 hrs before just turning on the fan and raising the temps 60+ degrees before I shut them down. POS

As ebijack says, it's not a memory.

They have a software anticipatory algorithm routine that calculates the time the pit takes to react to the interactions of the DIGI-Q II fan controller. this helps to keep an even internal temperature in the smoker throughout the cook. Once you power down the unit, the routine starts all over again.

Mine holds near perfect temperatures throughout a 12 to 14 hour cook, going up or down just a couple degrees.

Of course I am sure it's just as much dependent upon your fuel and your smoker as well. It's ability to regulate airflow in an insulated airtight smoker to regulate near perfect temperatures has given gives me many peaceful nights sleep over the past 6 years.

One of the things I learned in the beginning, is to not power-up the Guru until the pit is almost at the target temperature. Otherwise that long time to come to temperature becomes part of the equation.

BBQ Guru said:
All three of Guru’s controls start with the same core function. A high precision digital thermometer placed inside the cooker continually monitors the ambient temperature. It sends these readings back to the main control unit that measures and analyzes all temperature fluctuations. Using proprietary algorithms, it then regulates a specially calibrated, oscillating, fan blade system that feeds just the right amount of oxygen into the cooker. This increases or decreases the intensity of your charcoal’s heat to create your perfect temperature.
https://bbqguru.com/ProductInfo/bac..._medium=youtube&utm_content=how_it_works_link

BBQ Guru said:
Full time adaptive control algorithm learns your pit for better stability and accuracy
https://www.bbqguru.com/ProductInfo/HowCyberQWorks

Back