MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Default Kingsford Charcoal Grill at Sam's

I saw these at Sam's Club and just wondered if anyone has any experience with One of these Grills...I am Looking for a Charcoal grill for steaks and Burgers and this One is Big enough for Offset cooking too.Any comments would be appreciated!
With over 830 sq. in. of grilling space, an adjustable charcoal rack for variable cooking temperatures, two convenient utility shelves and enough room for direct or indirect grilling, it's easy to see why the Premier Console Grill has remained a favorite.It is Made By MasterBuilt.It also has a removable ash pan.

Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
smokinbadger
Full Fledged Farker

Bob,

Our Sam's in Ann Arbor had a different model of charcoal grill on the floor recently. (It might have been a Brinkmann, but I'm not 100% sure.) One of the nice features of that grill was that the charcoal could be raised or lowered relative to the food grate with a crank. I think that grill was around $150, so you might want to use that as a benchmark. I would also consider comparing to the Weber kettle grill.

If you do get it, let us know how it works out.

Klose Widebody MasterChef * XL BGE * WSM * Weber Performer * La Caja China * Cookshack 055 *
Big Stainless Gasser *
smokinbadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinbadger View Post
Bob,

Our Sam's in Ann Arbor had a different model of charcoal grill on the floor recently. (It might have been a Brinkmann, but I'm not 100% sure.) One of the nice features of that grill was that the charcoal could be raised or lowered relative to the food grate with a crank. I think that grill was around $150, so you might want to use that as a benchmark. I would also consider comparing to the Weber kettle grill.

If you do get it, let us know how it works out.
Badger...This One has the crank handle on the front to lower and raise the grate too....They sold out of the Brinkmann's here. This one is $219 though.
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
Smokin Gator
Babbling Farker

Bob,

I saw that one too. I thought it looked nice and pretty well constructed. I love the adjustable fire grate idea. You could bring it up high to sear the meat well and then lower it if you needed to.

I'd go for it...

Medium Amazin' Blue Spicewine - It's a Swamp Thing
UDS
Large BGE - Adopted
Medium BGE - Adopted
Weber 22 inch w/mods
Weber SJP
Stoker
Weber Genesis Silver C Gasser
Constant wood lurker
FBA CBJ
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
smooookin
is One Chatty Farker

My wife and I were looking at that grill in KC the other day. I was suprised when she said " that would be a nice one if it had a firebox on it. God i love that woman :)
smooookin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
thunter
is One Chatty Farker

They have that grill here in Indy too. It seems to be very well constructed and will probably turn out some excellent Q.

Tony

Pit Happens!

Smokefleet Command
Lang 48 Patio - "Enterprise"
Weber 22.5 Premium Kettle - "Galileo"
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

How far are you from Clarksville? or a Bass Pro?? This grill will be on sale for 89.88 for the camping classic, running the end of the month here. Supply will be limited. The good thing is you can add the fire box for about 60.00 and you've got a smoker. I have this grill (last year's model) without the firebox attachment and I love it!
http://www.masterbuilt.com/kingsford/king_barrel.htm

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...005000_350-5-2
Clarksville's camping classic is May 12-20

Portage's camping classic is May 19-28

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote