Tequila Lime Shrimp Kabobs

Mason Dixon Bowhunta

is one Smokin' Farker
I had some shrimp in the fridge and was trying to decide what I wanted to do with them. I went rustling thru the kitchen and found an old bottle of tequila. Since there is a "skewered" throw down going on I decided to make some tequila lime kabobs.

I guess I had too many bad experiences with tequila when I was younger because I always feel like I'm going to yerk my cookies whenever I smell the stuff :sick:. Anyway, was able to mix up a marinade with tequila, lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro and brown sugar. After a few hours I skewered the shrimp and seasoned them with some Badia Citrus Blend:

picture.php

Fired up some hardwood charcoal and let it get smoking hot. You know the fire is ready when you put your hand over the coals and you feel and smell the hairs on your arm burning lol:

picture.php

Pulled them off and let them rest:

picture.php

Placed the shrimp on a bed of mixed greens and topped everything with some homemade siracha, lime aioli:

picture.php

A great dinner for a beautiful spring day in MD. While the smell of raw tequila makes me want to hurl, when it is cooked it gives off a really nice, sweet scent and flavor. The tangy, spicy aioli was nice compliment to sweetness of the shrimp.

Thanks for looking

Back