SRF or FedEx

Pappy Q

is Blowin Smoke!
I had a shipment from SRF scheduled for delivery this past Friday. FedEx tracking showed it on the truck for delivery but at the end of the day, it showed as no delivery attempt made and to be delivered Saturday. Saturday it did show up with the box open and the briskets about 75% thawed. I immediately put them in the freezer.

I sent SRF an email Friday evening and again Saturday after delivery. I called FedEx and got routed to leaving a voice mail. I have not heard from either. Is this a SRF, FedEx or both issue if there is an issue with the meat?

You would need to take the issue up with SRF. Hopefully you took pictures of the boxes when they arrived as they may ask for those. SRF will have to take it up with FEDEX as it was shipped on their account.

I had a shipment from SRF scheduled for delivery this past Friday. FedEx tracking showed it on the truck for delivery but at the end of the day, it showed as no delivery attempt made and to be delivered Saturday. Saturday it did show up with the box open and the briskets about 75% thawed. I immediately put them in the freezer.

I sent SRF an email Friday evening and again Saturday after delivery. I called FedEx and got routed to leaving a voice mail. I have not heard from either. Is this a SRF, FedEx or both issue if there is an issue with the meat?

Darn you Annella... all future vacation time is being revoked :laugh:

Agree, take it up with SRF, and let them get reimbursed from FedEx. SRF should ship you a replacement out ASAP. I had a different issue with an order I placed, and they immediately sent me a replacement. Great customer service.

Update:

After another email, SRF did respond that the briskets should be fine. No response from FedEx.

Update:

After another email, SRF did respond that the briskets should be fine. No response from FedEx.

Really? A couple years ago I had a Double R Ranch brisket in similar state of thaw for a contest when a family emergency happened and I had to back out. Brisket was not completely thawed but i called anyways just to check. Was told while it should be fine to refreeze but they couldnt guarantee the quality.

For what you pay for those, I don't think I would accept the "It should be fine" response. You got meat shipped to you, arrived a day later in an opened box and 75% thawed. That is not acceptable to me. But hey, if you're happy, then that's what matters.

I believe they state that the product will arrive "frozen or partially thawed". As long as it was below the danger zone, I don't think there is a problem.

I believe they state that the product will arrive "frozen or partially thawed". As long as it was below the danger zone, I don't think there is a problem.

As a top tier team I value you opinion....this is for a comp and I won't be able to trim until I arrive at the comp Friday morning, if this were you would you be confident in the product or should I take a back up?

For what you pay for those, I don't think I would accept the "It should be fine" response. You got meat shipped to you, arrived a day later in an opened box and 75% thawed. That is not acceptable to me. But hey, if you're happy, then that's what matters.

I didn't say I was happy...

No way would i accept 75% thawed. Who knows how long the surface of the meat was in the "danger zone" not to mention the box was opened so that meat could have been basicly "left on the counter overnight" in a heated truck/warehouse. Its one thing if you want to take the risk yourself, but you are risking other peoples health without them knowing.

I didn't say I was happy...

For what you pay for their products, this shouldn't conclude with anything but you being happy.
75% thawed to me is not partially thawed, that's more like partially frozen/mostly thawed.

SRF needs to make it right with you and hold FedEx accountable for this. As a customer for high end products, you should expect nothing but the best as far as the product goes, and the customer service that comes with it.

As a top tier team I value you opinion....this is for a comp and I won't be able to trim until I arrive at the comp Friday morning, if this were you would you be confident in the product or should I take a back up?

Not in the same league as Brad, but do have a few brisket wins to my name, so take it for what it's worth.

I wouldn't be worried about spoilage, but have seen a few that have slice marks in the flat, so I always trim at home just to be safe.

If I can’t trim at home, I always take a backup.

As Cal said, I’d have confidence it won’t be spoiled and will have no noticeable difference because of this. I’d use it in a heartbeat if I felt it wasn’t sitting in the danger zone for more than a couple of hours. This is more from a food safety perspective than a quality of the brisket perspective. If you feel that it was too hot for too long, I’d probably send a reply to SRF stating my concerns about food safety.

If I can’t trim at home, I always take a backup.

As Cal said, I’d have confidence it won’t be spoiled and will have no noticeable difference because of this. I’d use it in a heartbeat if I felt it wasn’t sitting in the danger zone for more than a couple of hours. This is more from a food safety perspective than a quality of the brisket perspective. If you feel that it was too hot for too long, I’d probably send a reply to SRF stating my concerns about food safety.

How could he be confident they are not spoiled. He even said the box was open when he received it. Its no longer a question of SRF quality, the question is, what did Fedex do with his package. I am amazed with the responses in this thread to be honest, its like none of you read his initial post, or ignored that most important fact. Do you people work for the company and are trying to ignore this, that's just nuts.

How could he be confident they are not spoiled. He even said the box was open when he received it. Its no longer a question of SRF quality, the question is, what did Fedex do with his package. I am amazed with the responses in this thread to be honest, its like none of you read his initial post, or ignored that most important fact. Do you people work for the company and are trying to ignore this, that's just nuts.

I’m extremely confident that I could leave a frozen brisket on the counter overnight to thaw and it won’t be spoiled. I’m not confident that it’s safe to eat by USDA standards. Did you bother to read my response?

Last edited:
I’m extremely confident that I could leave a frozen brisket on the counter overnight to thaw and it won’t be spoiled. I’m not confident that it’s safe to eat by USDA standards. Did you bother to read my response?

Did you not read that he received the package a day later then it was expected?

Back