• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bbq Tax

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Next thing you know the liberal, global warming democrats will want to do that here.

Belgiums to impose tax on barbequing to fight global warming

03/04/2007 12:27 BRUSSELS, April 3 (RIA Novosti) - The government of Belgium's French-speaking region of Wallonia, which has a population of about 4 million, has approved a tax on barbequing, local media reported.

Experts said that between 50 and 100 grams of CO2, a so-called greenhouse gas, is emitted during barbequing. Beginning June 2007, residents of Wallonia will have to pay 20 euros for a grilling session.

The local authorities plan to monitor compliance with the new tax legislation from helicopters, whose thermal sensors will detect burning grills.

Scientists believe CO2 emissions are a major cause of global warming.

This was e-mailed to me today!
This must be BS

they can tax my Q right after they take my guns.

LOL the next big issue for them needs to be global a$$ whippin

I call shenanigans on this. April Fool's joke, most likely.

I think what is happening in Belgium is true! I don't think it is a joke boys.......:eek:

Hey if you can't smoke cigarettes in public places in some cities because of the second hand smoke, it's a scary possibility that they will come after us.

I love this country but that just might cause a rebellion.

Ok, let's say it's true, I say we get in on the ground level of law making and start a grass roots effort to make this apply to only non-brethren q'rs. Everyone here know fairly well how to manage a fire, keep it correctly, not a lot of wasting charcoal fluid, and falming dogs and burgers....

so who is emitting more greenhouse gas the helo's that circle or the guy they bust q'ing

News Flash:

All CO2 greenhouse gasses to be taxed. If you don't pay the tax you have to stop breathing.

I call shenanigans on this. April Fool's joke, most likely.

Yep...as noted:

BRUSSELS, April 4 (RIA Novosti) - The government of Wallonia has refuted allegations of plans to introduce a tax on barbequing in this Belgian French-speaking region. Reports appeared in local media earlier in the month that a law had been approved to charge residents of the 4-million-strong region 20 euros for each grilling session beginning in June.
"We have repeatedly denied this information, which is nothing but an April Fool's Day joke. But we never imagined it would create such a fuss," said the press secretary of Wallonia's minister for agricultural, rural affairs, the environment and tourism.

Ok, let's say it's true, I say we get in on the ground level of law making and start a grass roots effort to make this apply to only non-brethren q'rs. Everyone here know fairly well how to manage a fire, keep it correctly, not a lot of wasting charcoal fluid, and falming dogs and burgers....

We could all switch to propane. :shock:

Its really sad to see a prank like this because there are so many of us that see it as real. My first thought was that Al Gore would be right at the forefront to spearhead this one. if the truth be known he wastes more natural resources in his little mansion in TN that most all of do. I think I heard that his heat and lights alone run 30,000 yes THIRTY THOUSAND a year. If he was so concerned with greenhouse effect you'd think he'd cut back a bit.
While this is a joke I am sure that one day it will be all of our reality and that scares me to death........or maybe death by taxes

A joke always has an element of truth in it... We have to stay on our toes boys, This stuff is a lot closer than you think....

Global Warming = more government regulation. More taxes, more government, UN world soicalization.

They're farkin us.

Its really sad to see a prank like this because there are so many of us that see it as real.

Well that is, afterall, kinda the point of a prank... to "get" people going who look at it as real. :wink: :lol:

Back