MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc
Default High Plains Shenanigans - Fightin the crud with Pork (Pr0n included)

It's been a rough couple of days and nights here. Something's going around the schools and churches. The munchkin's fighting a nasty bug that's trying to migrate to the adults.

I awoke feeling significantly better than yesterday, and secured permission to fire up the offset for a rack of spare ribs.

I trimmed the bones down to St. Louis cut, and our Texas-sized John Henry products (Pecan & Apple Chipotle) heard the call. I hit the rack hard on the halfsies, so we've got some choices for tonight.

Then, with a few other rubs I have about, I decided to experiment with some of the rib tips and trimmings.

It's beautiful and in the high 70s here today , but I don't think we'll make it past the sofa to play outside.

Thankful for favorite and faithful stuffed puppies, new Minnie Mouse gloves, Thomas blankets, and slow/quiet Saturdays.

More to follow.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

Nice Marc, the Munchkin looks real comfy.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
ShadowDriver

Oh yeah... Chef's snacks approaching ready.

Bones making progress, too.

[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)

Old 03-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
ShadowDriver

Time for a quick wrap with some apple cider.

I've been enjoying this new arrival at the ranch:

Picked up the larger Kindling Cracker from their website and a 4 lb hammer (on sale) from Harbor Freight. Big improvement from my hatchet and a fair piece more work. - Yeah, I'd recommend this to just about anyone looking for an easier and safer way to cut down firewood into splits for an offset.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

That picture of the little one is going to top any further pics of those ribs, she looks so peaceful, sure hope she feels better soon. You just can't beat a lazy day with the family and I wouldn't try.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Glad y'all are on the road to recovery.Been some yucky crud lurking around here this week too.Your cook looks fantabulous!Godspeed to you and munchkin.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
electron_si
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : N/A

Nice lookin bones Marc

Old 03-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #8
ShadowDriver

Boss Lady whipped up a batch of doctored baked beans and some sautéed bok choy w/ garlic.

Off the phone with the TriCare triage nurse... fingers crossed we can keep the munchkin's fever down so we don't make any late-night trips to the ER.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #9
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh

Yum!

24"x52" Custom Offset, Black 22" Weber Kettle , Deep Ocean Blue 22' Weber Kettle, Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. Char-Broil Table Top gas Grill, One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.
Instagram @lumberjacksmokestack
[url]https://www.youtube.com/c/LumberjackSmokestack[/url]
Smoke on Badger Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #10
ShadowDriver

The ribs were sublime. Not quite fall-off-the-bone, but a slight tug. No sauce needed.

Munchkin's on the mend, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
...sure hope she feels better soon. You just can't beat a lazy day with the family and I wouldn't try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Glad y'all are on the road to recovery.
Appreciate the kind words. Finally got her fever down to 99.7 (at last check, just now). She has significantly more spunk, and she's back "into everything." I'll take this as a good sign.

Y'all have a good evening.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #11
GrassRun
Full Fledged Farker

Glad to hear you and the wife had a great dinner and the little one is on the mend. Best to you and yours!
GrassRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #12
KevinJ

Looks outstanding Marc.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote