Fireboard....

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Do they run specials at all? Looking to get the whole shebang but $249 is steep.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Called them about that not too long ago and the answer is no. Went ahead and bought one anyways and love it. Actually I think the price is pretty reasonable but It never hurts to ask for a discount.

I have been looking at them for awhile, and they did run a black friday sale, not sure what the details was, but I know you got a free waterproof case, which is $50.

Re: Fireboard

I was on the fence for a bit, but jumped in and got the BBQ Edition awhile back and have been really happy with it. The ability to get get 6 thermos going is great. I especially like the access to the data on my phone throughout the cook regardless of where I am. Once it connects to WiFi - Anywhere in the house, works fine. Pop over to the neighbors for a bit, fine. Run to the store to replenish beverages, fine.

I found that it was definitely worth it after my first cook with it. The interface is simple, and I just like the charts it generates. Saves everything so you can go back and reference good (and bad) cooks to learn and repeat (or not :shock:).

I doubt it will go on sale since it was originally a Kickstarter project and these guys are just getting started. Or just wait until someone like Weber buys them out lol.

I got mine for free but I'd buy one if I didn't. It's the best implementation I've seen. It's the little things like the connectivity being bluetooth AND wifi and the rechargeable lithium battery that charges while its plugged in instead of having to pick one or the other. I also like the 6 ports.

My only complaint before was the lack of a fan (seemed like a wasted opportunity) and the fact that the box is so small, the probes often determine where it sits but the waterproof box (which is outrageously overpriced) fixes that.

I really like my Smoke but this does a lot more if you can swing it.

Unfortunately, what they are asking for is very well worth the price. I "migrated" from an iGrill to Fireboard. The probe quality is a night and day difference. They wasted NO money on the quality of the probes. Battery operated, boom! Number of probe ports, boom! Web interface and charting, boom! Reliable access from anywhere, boom!

It's like they are selling you a fireworks show!

I purchased a Fireboard last month and gave it a test spin (ambient only) on a rib practice cook. I really like the 6’ cord lengths as it allowed me to position the probe anywhere in my main chamber. The probe itself is industrial quality and is a thermistor and not a thermocouple so it’s less likely to drift from calibration.
I’m going to run a calibration check today on all of the probes @212deg F to verify everything and have an initial baseline.
I’m going to smoke a slab of bacon 🥓 tomorrow so I will run my IGrill2 on a side by side comparison.
So far I like it!:clap2:

I've been on the fence as well simply because of the price point. I've had my eye on the Meater Board (4 wireless probes for $199) but only the good Lord knows if it will ever make it to retail.

Question on the $249 Fireboard - I recall it comes with 2 ambient probes and 6 food probes. Would it possible to use any of the food probes to measure ambient (pit) temps? I have 2 smokers and 2 kettles I smoke in and was wondering if I could monitor all four pits at the same time. Thoughts?

Question on the $249 Fireboard - I recall it comes with 2 ambient probes and 6 food probes. Would it possible to use any of the food probes to measure ambient (pit) temps? I have 2 smokers and 2 kettles I smoke in and was wondering if I could monitor all four pits at the same time. Thoughts?

You can use food probes for ambient temps, I´ve done this to see temp differences from left to right in my stickburner.

Had mine for just about a year now and have no complaints! Love it. Quality is night and day difference from any other Thermometer on the market!

Back