Corn Tortillas

Randy3269

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've read a few taco threads involving homemade corn tortillas...and they look amazing! Does anyone have a magic recipe. We've abandoned AP flour at our house, but would love to put tacos back on the menu. Any help is greatly appreciated. :roll:

Thanks,
Randy

Lawd have mercy this is a timely thread in my book.

Took my bride to a late lunch yessaday to our locker Mexican restaurant.

I pounded down Dos Equis Ambars whilst she had apps & desert. I couldn't help but think of how they made their chips ????

I make a crapload of "homemade tortilla chips."

We just get a stack of corn torts from Sams. Cut into 1/6's. Deep Fry at 350°F at 1.5 - 2 minutes, or until they get the right color.

Salt immediately and enjoy. I've messed with lime, but haven't perfected that part of it yet.

I want to make homemade corn torts themselves, but I haven't gotten around to it get.

Lawd have mercy this is a timely thread in my book.

Took my bride to a late lunch yessaday to our locker Mexican restaurant.

Was this a mistake picture? Not sure what it has to do with tortillas... :shocked:

Anyone have a favorite masa? Tortilla press is on the way.

Being in TX, I would say there is a good chance you can find a Tortilleria, or Mexican grocery, that sells the fresh masa dough. If you can, it is much better than the dry stuff. If you can't find it, any Masa Harina will do. I buy Maseca brand, mainly because that is all I can find at my local stores.

Back