Chadol bagi

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This is American BBQ site so I don't know how many people here know what chadol bagi is. But I wanted to share one of my favorite use for beef brisket other than smoking it whole Texas style, making pastrami, or making burgers. That is to slice it really thin and grill it unseasoned on a hot grill or pan. As you eat the meat, you can dip it slightly in salt, pepper, and sesame seed oil sauce, ponzu sauce, or whatever your preference at the table. Chadol bagi is staple of Korean BBQ and usually served first before any other beef cuts.

I picked up around 11 lb prime brisket the other day to use as chadol bagi.

prime brisket sliced, portioned, and vacuum sealed.
GEk3q81.jpg
AVY67Xb.jpg

ya6yhrY.jpg
WYgm3Cn.jpg

I also sliced around 8 lbs of choice boneless beef short ribs for grilling. I will also grill these unseasoned.
76rRRUJ.jpg

Yes, love that way of grilling, Was served up a lot in
kota kinabalu Sabah

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Very interested in learning about this. Following this thread and Googling to learn more. Thanks for posting!

• Thanks
Yes, love that way of grilling, Was served up a lot in
kota kinabalu Sabah

It's our favorite way to eat at home and when we go camping. And it's so easy to do at home. It's nice not having to spend $300+ at Korean BBQ restaurant.

The weather outside was perfect 71 F so we decided to eat dinner outside on the deck. This time of the year there are no bugs or mosquitoes so it's perfect outdoor grilling and dining weather. I fired up Weber Smokey Joe and Weber Go Anywhere grill and we used it to grill and eat the chadol bagi and galbi short ribs. Both meats were cooked naked on the grill with no marinade or seasoning. I ate my beef dipped in ponzu sauce with thinly sliced onions and scallions. It was so good!

3urKN9V.jpg
oLqRoYI.jpg

8qCQ4FT.jpg
CJt9ze7.jpg

my ponzu dipping sauce
9b059wI.jpg

Better have your Ponzo sauce recipe please

That is PHENOMENAL!!! :clap2: I dig those " Butterfly" pattern Corelle saucers too.:thumb:

• Thanks
Love it. Miss good Korean BBQ in Songtan or Gunsan... Yours looks amazing!

• Thanks
Love it - Done Short rib and Rib eye but not brisket - Might just have to give it a go.

• Thanks
Nothing wrong with that at all, thanks for sharing your cook.

• Thanks
Love it. Miss good Korean BBQ in Songtan or Gunsan... Yours looks amazing!

Korean BBQ in Korea is so good! But I actually miss the fresh seafood way more than the BBQ. I can get similar quality beef here but can't come close to sourcing all the amazing variety live seafood I can get in South Korea.

Love it - Done Short rib and Rib eye but not brisket - Might just have to give it a go.

Definitely give it try if you get the chance. All that brisket fat just melts adding flavor. So you don't want to be aggressive when trimming the brisket fat and want to leave on most of the fat. This is definitely the case where fat equals flavor. But since brisket is tough meat, you want to make sure and slice it razor deli thin. Meat slicer makes it easy and I bought a cheap $100 slicer just for this task. It's paid for itself multiple times with the amount of KBBQ we eat.

This, this is a major reason I frequent the Brethren. Inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I joined here for the same reason. I'm relatively new member but have learned so much in my short time here. Many thanks to all the amazing people here.

I'd actually buy brisket to try this.

It's definitely worth trying once to experience it. You're supposed to use the point but I normally just use the whole brisket including the flat.

Back