Question on Brisket

kgrigio

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice. I forgot to pull a pork butt out of the freezer this morning so I called the wife and asked her to pull it out. She pulled out the brisket instead. It's about half unfrozen at this point. What's the word on refreezing meat? I wasn't prepared or ready to do a brisket tomorrow as this butt was meant to cook tomorrow for a meal on Sunday.

I am looking for some advice. I forgot to pull a pork butt out of the freezer this morning so I called the wife and asked her to pull it out. She pulled out the brisket instead. It's about half unfrozen at this point. What's the word on refreezing meat? I wasn't prepared or ready to do a brisket tomorrow as this butt was meant to cook tomorrow for a meal on Sunday.

Back in the freezer,If it didn't go above 40f all should be good

I’d just cook a brisket and a butt.......slice n pull and vac seal and freeze leftovers.......

Being that it's beef it's probably not an issue and you could put it back in the freezer. How was it being thawed... in the fridge, on the counter, in cold water?

If it was on the counter, personally, I wouldn't risk it and would just put it in the fridge. You can leave it in that cryovac in the fridge for a super long time, well beyond the "best by" date. It might smell when you pull it out but just rinse it off... that smell is the CO2 gas and once it's rinsed off everything should smell just fine.

Back