Does Costco prime brisket price fluctuate?

wahoowad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
In December my Costco prime brisket was $2.99. Last week it was up to $3.29.

Do the prices fluctuate seasonally? Regionally?

I know it isn't much, but it was a 10% jump that caught my eye :twitch:

I paid $2.67 last month at Sam's and yesterday they wanted $3.59. I didn't get one yesterday... I'm guessing Costco is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I see similar changes here in GA. $3.29 is what is was last weekend and is still a steal in my area. Everywhere else wants the same for choice :shock:. Sams has no Prime here.

Always fluctuates. I've seen it from $2.69 to as high as $4.49/lb. Not just brisket either.

We ordered a case of boneless prime rib roasts a couple of weeks before Christmas and my Sam's club quoted a range of price but could not lock us in... so the fluctuations could be every couple of days.

The unit price escalates but the case price rarely changes.

Last year when Costco PRIMES were $3.99/pound unit price the case price was $2.58/pound. They were $2.58/pound case price when it was also $2.99 unit pricing.

I'd recommend buying by the case if possible. Buy 4, get 1 free ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last year when Costco PRIMES were $3.99/pound unit price the case price was $2.58/pound. They were $2.58/pound case price when it was also $2.99 unit pricing.

This is good to know. Im gonna see if they'll let me pick em like you do. My Costco is pretty customer friendly, especially the managers.

So a case of brisket is only 4 packers? Or is that just the price/brisket ratio? Last time I bought 4 briskets at once was when Kroger had a grand opening and Choice was $1.69 a pound :shock:

Yeah Costco go as low as 2.69 and up to 3.99. Smaller briskets always make it hurt less. Still when it comes down to it 20 bucks for cooked brisket to 4 bucks per lb and a chance to make enough to feed multiple people and still have left overs. It’s all relative....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been watching the price of brisket at Restaurant Depot and Gordon’s here in Buffalo and the price jumped about 20% in the last 10 day.

So a case of brisket is only 4 packers? Or is that just the price/brisket ratio? Last time I bought 4 briskets at once was when Kroger had a grand opening and Choice was $1.69 a pound :shock:
Depends on the size of the briskets in the case. Usually 5. Buy 4, get one free reference.

When I pick through them my meat manager considers a case 80 pounds or more.

I wish I could find brisket that cheap. $22per kg around here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Some of it is seasonal like Superbowl Sunday. Take chips and beer, they are getting cheaper. High demand for meats is pushing prices up for consumer quantities.

Case quantities are going to be driven more by slaughter prices. If a steer costs more, so does its meat!

Yes, my Costco the price has fluctuated from $2.99 to $5.99 a pound.

Back