THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Nicely marbled short ribs

lzCmOAgh.jpg

X9zB40dh.jpg

Seasoned

LdgMljWh.jpg

HXYUjSJh.jpg

Into the Hunsaker

6I3Njwwh.jpg

Wrap time

oa4y7tOh.jpg

Ready

C2NDdMQh.jpg

The bone slipped straight out. :mrgreen:

diXOx9Fh.jpg

0ZbReIgh.jpg

Steaks on sticks

E6VyPPah.jpg

Pics don't do it justice

nHb9kxuh.jpg

Doesn't get any better

YuajyISh.jpg

EXBU6Bfh.jpg

:shock: Those look awesome... I mean really... not "like a hotdog" (a la Eddie Izzard)!

I really need to get back to CostCo and just splurge on a rack... Sheesh.

How long and what temp did you cook this at? Looks great! I don't have a Hunsaker smoker, but a Gateway hanger on a 18" WSM with a Hunsaker vortex basket. Thanks

Those are some seriously high quality ribs there. Meaty and marbled, and of course you gave them the respect they deserved. Great cook!

How long and what temp did you cook this at? Looks great! I don't have a Hunsaker smoker, but a Gateway hanger on a 18" WSM with a Hunsaker vortex basket. Thanks

I cooked at 275 for 4 hours total. Wrapped at 2.5 hours 170*IT. Cooked 1.5 wrapped until probe tender then pulled.

Those are some seriously high quality ribs there. Meaty and marbled, and of course you gave them the respect they deserved. Great cook!

Thanks Josh! Wait for Part 2: Comfort Food thread. :cool:

It was the last pack at Costco Business. $100 for a 25lb cryo. It was too much for me since I have no space in the freezers. Then a guy walks up looking for the same thing but again, too much for him as well. So we bought it and split it in the parking lot. :grin: Smoked one rack and have another to smoke/cook later.

Thanks Josh! Wait for Part 2: Comfort Food thread. :cool:

It was the last pack at Costco Business. $100 for a 25lb cryo. It was too much for me since I have no space in the freezers. Then a guy walks up looking for the same thing but again, too much for him as well. So we bought it and split it in the parking lot. :grin: Smoked one rack and have another to smoke/cook later.

Ah, the brotherhood of meat!

Man, Where did you find short ribs like that? Those look like some of the best i've seen in a long time. Your cook absolutely did them justice.

Man, Where did you find short ribs like that? Those look like some of the best i've seen in a long time. Your cook absolutely did them justice.

Same question. I wanted to do beef ribs for New year's and all the big box stores ribs had no meat on them lol, they were horrible. The beef ribs you posted are beautiful.

Back