Then again, there's this...

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
I've complained about the lack of customer service I felt I received from Peoria Cookers on here lately, but here's what makes me so happy about my smoker:

It had been running at 300 degrees for a little over two hours at this point in 20 degree weather. This awesome insulation was one of the big factors in my choice of smoker since I use it year-round.
View attachment 153069

Last edited:
At that point I had two turkeys on the top shelf at 300, a brisket and pork loin on the middle shelf at 225 and a prime rib on the bottom shelf running at 200ish.

I have two turkeys and a brisket left to smoke and the monster and I can both take a break. The smoker has been going night and day for over a week now with just short breaks for cleanup and regrouping. :becky:

I love working for myself and I'm happier than I've been in ten years but the catering/concession trailer business is a killer!

Merry Christmas medic!

That’s awesome. I just realize now how big of a difference insulation makes. It’s 4 degrees here and I was feeding stick after stick into my Shirley to keep up. The Vault would’ve needed two at a time and the snow would’ve stayed on top as well. I’ve got to take another hard look at PCC, customer service or not!!

Just curious what do you do when the temp overshoots. Due to having the cook chamber open while rotating/moving meats. Or your controller overshoots the temps. How long does it take to get the temp back down and stabilized or you just don't do anything and let it ride.
Thanks

Just curious what do you do when the temp overshoots. Due to having the cook chamber open while rotating/moving meats. Or your controller overshoots the temps. How long does it take to get the temp back down and stabilized or you just don't do anything and let it ride.
Thanks

Generally I don't do anything and let it ride. The BBQ Guru has an open lid detection that will help get it back up to temp fast but it shuts down when it gets within 10-15 degrees of the set temp.

I wish I could tell you more but I actually traded food to an IT guy to set up my network and the Guru. Shameful, I know. :oops:

Back