THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Doing some different things this weekend. Busy weekend so my pics are not as detailed...

First off, sliced some eye of round and made some honey jalapeno jerky.

Cured overnight and then smoked for 6 hours on the UDS @ 175.

Ended up in the oven to "dry" as it was SO humid in the drum at that temp.
0f8236915cb323ea21133ea09c1c5ac4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmmm,STEAK and SCALLOPS!!! Mmmmmmmmm! You are living in the " large" zone.Looks Tastee!
My wife and I were going to go out to dinner after Christmas shopping. Looking at the ribeyes and scallops at Costco I figured I'd spend $50 there and cook it myself, and have it again another time. One meal woulda cost us that.

With the prices of health insurance for us (both self employed and 3 children) we will be eating at home even more.

Us too.I take the " family " out to a high end steak house once a year." Special" Occasion" Better than buying crappy gifts that no one wants.I can prepare just as good at home.No need to travel if you do not need to..

Strong work! I hear you Beentown. My bbq game has been upped over the years to a level where wife and kids don’t mind staying home for my Que. It’s made our weekend food bills drop. There’s the big hit of buying the cookers but now it’s WAY cheaper. We used to have 60-80 tabs for a meal. Now 60-80 gives us a packer prime that we can eat over 5-7 days till my next cook

Final cook....

Rack of pork. Brined overnight, sous vide for 10 hours at 140 then seared off.

27843c53a58e9c23d9395f127be55be5.jpg
3b53ae2ae4f0e39670bb45214754ede0.jpg

Back