Can't eat pork anymore

Ylouder

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I grew up on ribs, loved them. My dad actually owned a BBQ restaurant while I was growing up so BBQ was never in short supply. But over the last few years I literally cannot stomach the taste or smell of pork. I've tried different brands, different types of wood, but it just makes me want to gag.

Pork loins, chops, ribs, butts, etc. I've even gotten to the point where I can't eat those premade sausage biscuits and I used to snack on those daily.

Only thing I can stomach is ham and jimmy dean sausage that isn't precooked.

What the heck changed? Has anyone else noticed how rank most pork taste/smells nowadays?

Sad to hear. On the contrary, now I prefer pork over beef and have upped my consumption of pork significantly.

I still love pork but I overdosed on chicken McNuggets 30 years ago and haven't eaten one since. And then there was kamikazes...Lost my taste for those after about a dozen of them one New Year's Eve. If you don't love bacon anymore, you should get to the closest emergency room.

I've experienced a similar problem. I still like pork but sometimes I get tired of it.
I'll butcher a pig, make bacon, sausage, eat the ribs and tenderloins first, then have to finish the rest of the pig meat before I can justify butchering another animal.
I get tired of eating pork so I have to get creative... injections, rubs, slathers, marinades... etc..
It's ok to take a break from eating pork every so often. imo :-D

I've experienced a similar problem. I still like pork but sometimes I get tired of it.
I'll butcher a pig, make bacon, sausage, eat the ribs and tenderloins first, then have to finish the rest of the pig meat before I can justify butchering another animal.
I get tired of eating pork so I have to get creative... injections, rubs, slathers, marinades... etc..
It's ok to take a break from eating pork every so often. imo :-D

I agree, Jeanie. Sometimes I tend to binge on certain meats and burn out on them.

I try to mix things up now.

I still love pork but I overdosed on chicken McNuggets 30 years ago and haven't eaten one since. And then there was kamikazes...Lost my taste for those after about a dozen of them one New Year's Eve. If you don't love bacon anymore, you should get to the closest emergency room.

Kamikazes???

:puke:

My brother developed an allergic reaction to raw oysters that he dearly loved, he started crying whenever he saw me enjoying them....but then.....after being on heart meds I lost my TASTE/LOVE FOR BOURBON!!!!!!!.......guess who is laughing now!!!:shocked::tsk::cry:

But I have noticed the older I’ve gotten after cooking around smoke all day I tend to eat very little pork, beef doesn’t seem to bother me so bad....

I find myself eating more pork and less beef. Burgers if I get the good stuff, otherwise we make stews with it.

I use to mix them in 32 oz glasses, they said I had a large time.:rolleyes:

My brother developed an allergic reaction to raw oysters that he dearly loved, he started crying whenever he saw me enjoying them....but then.....after being on heart meds I lost my TASTE/LOVE FOR BOURBON!!!!!!!.......guess who is laughing now!!!:shocked::tsk::cry:

Pork today is different from pork of times past. Think 'lean' pork versus 'fat back' of times past.

Beef is that way too. Whenever I see yellow fat, I know it's not going to be a steller meal. I'm not so much about 'free range' but, high pressure feedlot beef isn't what I grew up with.

As fat became a heart evil, chicken, pork and, beef lost a lot of flavor. 90/10 ground beef isn't a whole lot better than Tofu in my book.

Pork today is different from pork of times past. Think 'lean' pork versus 'fat back' of times past.

Beef is that way too. Whenever I see yellow fat, I know it's not going to be a steller meal. I'm not so much about 'free range' but, high pressure feedlot beef isn't what I grew up with.

As fat became a heart evil, chicken, pork and, beef lost a lot of flavor. 90/10 ground beef isn't a whole lot better than Tofu in my book.
Hmm...I've seen a reverse trend the last decade. Fat, everyone wants more fat. Which I am fine with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back