Smoking in the snow is always fun.

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Did a belated fathers/birthday gift for my uncle the other day.

Came out great, nothing fancy, just brisket and pulled pork with potato cake, broiled asparagus, tomato salad and coleslaw.

Ran hot and fast. Butts and brisket went on at 9:30 am and came off at 4:50 for a 6 o'clock dinner. Did an extra butt for me. I always separate the flat and point so if the points too rich for anyone it won't go to waste. Were some leftovers but everyone ate well.

Last edited:
Love the pic of the Shirley in the snow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, that picture in the snow with the raging fire is incredible.

I had an amazing cook in below freezing temps yesterday, pulled pork on my Weber kettle, first time using a Slow 'n Sear in the cold. I used lump charcoal and applewood and was able to have a bigger burn going so the smoke was cleaner and with more convection and humidity. The smoke flavour was best I've had yet and it was done in 8 hours, super juicy and tender.

I had to add charcoal after about 6 hours but it's so easy with that accessory, best thing ever made for a kettle!

It's on a balcony so pretty protected from wind, perfect conditions!

Last edited:
Looks great! I'm just wondering about the firebox. Do you typically have to have the vent wide open and the door ajar to feed enough air to the fire? Reading the saga about the smaller Yoders needing to do that made me wonder when I saw your photo. I've been thinking about getting into a little catering as a hobby and if I did, I would want to order something like what you have.

I thought you said nothing fancy, that plate says companies here. Nice cook.

Yowza that's some good looking chow! Always like cookin in the winter, only wish I had some cover when it's pouring out. Good job!

Looks about perfect.

Thanks. Was real happy with the results.

Me too! I really like seeing people use their smokers when it's cold outside. Isn't that when BBQ and fire tending is best?

I like using it no matter the weather temp wise myself.

Yes, that picture in the snow with the raging fore is incredible.

I had an amazing cook in below freezing temps yesterday, pulled pork on my Weber kettle, first time using a Slow 'n Sear in the cold. I used lump charcoal and applewood and was able to have a bigger burn going so the smoke was cleaner and with more convection and humidity. The smoke flavour was best I've had yet and it was done in 8 hours, super juicy and tender.

I had to add charcoal after about 6 hours but it's so easy with that accessory, best thing ever made for a kettle!

It's on a balcony so pretty protected from wind, perfect conditions!

Thanks. Nice. I always have good luck in the cold too and i dont need a shower from sweating lol.

I thought you said nothing fancy, that plate says companies here. Nice cook.

Thanks brother. Means a lot.

Yowza that's some good looking chow! Always like cookin in the winter, only wish I had some cover when it's pouring out. Good job!

Thanks so much. Yeah the rain blows but the cold and snow I never mind.

Looks great! I'm just wondering about the firebox. Do you typically have to have the vent wide open and the door ajar to feed enough air to the fire? Reading the saga about the smaller Yoders needing to do that made me wonder when I saw your photo. I've been thinking about getting into a little catering as a hobby and if I did, I would want to order something like what you have.

I only have it like that when adding new splits. I preheat them in the warmer but I keep it open enough to give a bit extra air bit closed enough to where the door keeps a lot of the heat from escaping.

I do always keep the vent fully open usually.

Looks like a fantastic feast to me, fine job in the snow.

Awesome picture and great looking food.

Those snow pics are awesome!

True that!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wasn't gonna snap photos of the smoker but couldn't resist. I loved how it contrasted with the snow covered trees.

And thanks for the compliments on the food.

Back