Steven Raichlen Project Smoke on sale for 1.99

Thanks. Ordered using the Brethren affiliates link. Won’t be be much but everything helps.

Is he considered Knowlegable? His name pops up a bit in my Searches

I received it as a gift. It has good info and recopies but most of you farkers already know 95% of the content

Is he considered Knowlegable? His name pops up a bit in my Searches

He knows his stuff and is super mellow about it... kind of refreshing to see a BBQ guy on TV who isn't "over the top" with attitude and cockiness. He also uses some different techniques than what are kind of "BBQ dogma." I watched him smoke a duck on his show using tea and chinese-5 spice for the aromatics rather than wood. Lots of stuff most people just aren't exposed to and his finished product always looks amazing.

Just bought me a copy... for $2 you can't go wrong.

Was expecting some not so nice posts when I opened this thread. Glad I was wrong. I like his shows.

I received it as a gift. It has good info and recopies but most of you farkers already know 95% of the content

X2. Been going through the book on Kindle. So far... it's worth $1.99 - not a lot more imho.

View attachment 152499
I can tell you this, I’ve cooked with him and he really does know his stuff.

Man Bigdog,

I gotta say I'm plain jealous. My wife years ago recorded his PBS BBQ University specials for me, and I was hooked. I credit him with getting me into Que and for almost buying a Horizon (which he cooks on among many others).

Awesome that you even got a photo of you two--presence of greatness!!

PS I checked and it was $9.99 again because I was slow on the draw :(

He knows his stuff and is super mellow about it... kind of refreshing to see a BBQ guy on TV who isn't "over the top" with attitude and cockiness. He also uses some different techniques than what are kind of "BBQ dogma." I watched him smoke a duck on his show using tea and chinese-5 spice for the aromatics rather than wood. Lots of stuff most people just aren't exposed to and his finished product always looks amazing.

Just bought me a copy... for $2 you can't go wrong.

I have this book AND made this duck this past summer. It was incredible!

Back