MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
localyocal
On the road to being a farker

Default Going to pick up Jasmine (aka GC28) on Monday.

Got my email from Randall telling me my girl is ready to pick up so I'm heading out Monday morning to get her home. My 4 year old is a huge Alladin fan whence the name Jasmine.

This will be my first GF after owning a Vertical water cooker, pellet cooker, reverse flow pull behind and a Big Steel Keg. I'm excited to learn her secrets and get to know the old girl.

Any advice from you other GF Owners?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Congrats! Sounds like you share my mission to own every type cooker they make.
Only advice I have is don't be shy with the wood. It takes more than you think. Also do a biscuit test to see how much hotter the bottom rack is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shirley 24x55 Straight Back Cabinet 4 Racks
T&K Smokers GF /Abe's 48" Entertainer / 22.5 OTG
28" BS / Custom 20x52 vertical / Jimmy with CB Roti
Red Box Smoker on custom cart

2018 Texas Fall Bash - Oct. 27th 2018 https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...19#post3972819
2018 Texas Fall Bash Sign Up https://goo.gl/L6rTyE
pjtexas1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
localyocal
On the road to being a farker

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately for my beautiful forgiving wife I have a bit of a smoker fetish. She actually was in favor of this one because it will make our completion cooking easier.

I'll definitely do a biscuit test and post the results. It appears I'll be going Tuesday rather than Monday as my copilot can't go Monday morning. I'm really excited to get her home.