Do You Eat BBQ For Breakfast??

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I often do. Ribs and scrambled eggs, grits and brisket with over easy eggs. Pulled pork is a natural with everything green chile. Here’s this morning breakfast. A common occurrence. Oatmeal with blueberries and heated pecans with almond milk cinnamon and fatty. Cranberry and strawberry work too.

Last edited:
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and I will sneak a bite or two when I open the fridge to check the temperature. When there is Que in the fridge I tend to check the temp a lot.

Often. I chop leftover smoked meat in 1/4" cubes to put in what My Favorite Redhead calls 'Egg Thingie'. I microwave two eggs in a cereal bowl to soft yolk cook, add in toast torn in pieces or a Bob Evans Breakfast Bake (really tasty frozen hash brown patty - infinitely better than those disgusting fast food grease bombs - low sodium too), add a little smoked salt and Baklouti Green Chili olive oil for heat, mash it all together then throw in the meat. Delicious.

Would have had it this morning with leftover pork rack but opted for avocado toast instead. (1 avocado, 1/2 t of that Baklouti Green Chili olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice and a little salt).

Life is good.

I don't know why there are 'rules' of what is 'supposed' to be for each meal.
If I want ribs for breakfast and pancakes for dinner, then I will! That's one of the perks of being an adult!

My Farkbook status for a little while: If you put cream in your coffee, milk in your cheerios, and sugar in both....why isn't Ice Cream breakfast food?

I was served Rib & Waffles a couple of weeks ago at a BBQ place in the twin cities. Was pretty good too! sauce was heavy on the maple but it really brought the room together (so to speak)

Had smoked meatloaf on toast the other morning. Pulled pork and fatties are a regular item.

Eggs over easy on a bed of pulled pork with some hot biscuits is awesome!!

This is probably my favorite breakfast, in fact it’s the primary reason I smoke a pork butt.

3 eggs soft scrambled, bacon and a side of beef rib for breakfast this morning. I always smoke more 'cue than I should.

Does a bear poop in a pine tree? OF COURSE a lot of us eat bbq for breakfast. It would be unnatural not to. How could someone let perfectly good bbq just sit in the refer. Again, unnatural I say.

If breakfast is the first meal of the day that you eat, then I do....
If it is the conventional wake up and eat, then I don't.... ('cause I only start eating a couple of hours after waking up, I am more of a brunch person).

I agree with EricD: If I want steak in the morning, I will. If I want soft boiled eggs in the evening, I will... :wink:

Nothing like a brisket taco in the morning when your pulling the brisket fresh off for a catering job, gotta check quality control ya know.

The short answer is yes...

qCIFvXI.jpg

Ht098lI.jpg

Made breakfast sandwiches for the family. Everyone else wanted ham, but I had just smoked a brisket the day before, so I made good use of some leftovers. Only thing I would have done differently for next time is use two slices.

696F78F8-6AA1-46AA-B6BD-CC992503E042.jpg

Back