Brisket cook... Thanks to Hotch and Suckle Busters

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Decided to use the T&K gravity feed with the Lazzari lump that Hotch gave me. Used the 1836 rub from Suckle Busters that they gave away at the last Texas Bash on a little 7lb prime brisket. Wasn't in a hurry so actually cooked 275-300 which is low for me. Turned out very tasty. Nice flavor from the lump and the rub was peppery just like I like it. Pulled exactly at 7 hours at about 210. Probably could have gone another 15 minutes as I like them just about to fall apart. Only had an hour to rest it. It didn't appear to shrink much. It weighed 5 pounds 12 ounces after it cooked. Can't wait to try the other rubs Suckle Busters gave us.
ddbe2cb6931b6460f254beddbaabcfdf.jpg
62f97bdefb752862a56246e1f31fbc78.jpg
f7d2cce12c11e0423f742b8dd9245f79.jpg
72553872380a774e3eea85b762f8354c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The brisket looks great! Nice smoke ring and wonderful bark. How did the T&K smoker hold its temp?

The brisket looks great! Nice smoke ring and wonderful bark. How did the T&K smoker hold its temp?
Thanks. It holds temps very well. I don't use an ATC so it does fluctuate a little as I add small splits to the ash pan. It responds faster to intake changes than any cooker I've ever used.

Really nice cook. Love the smoke ring. Have not tried the Sucklebuster 1836 rub yet but have tried the Hog Waller on some St Louis ribs. It was a teensy too sweet for me (I prefer more savory ribs) but most people would love it for sure on ribs.

Mighty fine lookin' brisket right there!

Nicely done my friend!! :mrgreen:

Where does one find these tiny briskets?

I must be having network trouble, my phone never rang :(
great looking brisket bro

Larry

Very Nice Really nice smoke ring
I try to put the brisket on as cold as possible. This one took 45 minutes in the cooker to get above 32 IT.
Nicely done my friend!! :mrgreen:.
Where does one find these tiny briskets?

HEB, Costco occasionally has them in the 9-10 LB range. Above 10LB is too much for me
I must be having network trouble, my phone never rang :(
great looking brisket bro

Larry
Can you hear me now?

Outstanding brisket cook. Been preaching Sucklebusters as a Top Shelf rub a few years.

FYI- Sucklebusters currently has free shipping on orders over $50

God Bless Texas.

Outstanding brisket cook. Been preaching Sucklebusters as a Top Shelf rub a few years.

God Bless Texas.
Which do you recommend for chicken? I thought since they were nice enough to give these away that I could buy a couple.

Very nice looking brisket. I am itching to cook one myself, but our weather is about to turn colder for the next week or so. If I do one during this time, it will be a challenge. Heck, I'm up for it.

God Bless Texas.

Champion BBQ Supply and Spice House in Amarillo more than likely has anything Sucklebusters you are looking for.

Which do you recommend for chicken? I thought since they were nice enough to give these away that I could buy a couple.

My experience Hoochie Mama, Hog Waller, Texas Brisket Rub, Texas Steak Seasining Texas Gunpowder and Their Chili Mix.

Again I MSU and add coarse black pepper to almost everything I cook. Any of the rubs above would go well on chicken. I’ve whittled my hoarding of rubs significantly and going to focus not on low sugar— but zero sugar.

Sucklebusters is pretty amazing. Everything I’ve tried of theirs is GTG.

Try their chili

Really nice cook. Love the smoke ring. Have not tried the Sucklebuster 1836 rub yet but have tried the Hog Waller on some St Louis ribs. It was a teensy too sweet for me (I prefer more savory ribs) but most people would love it for sure on ribs.

I used some today on some ribs and the whole family loved them. I also glaze mine with A blend of Swamp Boys sauce. It will be in my spice rotation for pork. Want to try the 1836 on a brisket soon. Normally I use Oakridge Dominator for my ribs. Change of pace was good.

Very nice looking brisket. I am itching to cook one myself, but our weather is about to turn colder for the next week or so. If I do one during this time, it will be a challenge. Heck, I'm up for it.
I prefer cooking in colder weather vs our summer temps. But cold here is 50. C'mon... man up. :heh:
My experience Hoochie Mama, Hog Waller, Texas Brisket Rub, Texas Steak Seasining Texas Gunpowder and Their Chili Mix.

Again I MSU and add coarse black pepper to almost everything I cook. Any of the rubs above would go well on chicken. I’ve whittled my hoarding of rubs significantly and going to focus not on low sugar— but zero sugar.

Sucklebusters is pretty amazing. Everything I’ve tried of theirs is GTG.

Try their chili
I guess you don't discriminate? I also like to add pepper to rubs I know don't have much heat. I'm trying the Hog Waller next.

Back