THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Hello

Officially the Char-Boil Big Easy can handle up to a 16 pound bird. I get the sense that’s a pretty conservative size so I thought if anyone is going to push the bounds it’s going to be one of the brethren.

What’s the biggest turkey you’ve comfortably cooked in a Big Easy?

Thanks
Sam

I can tell you that lil Sister showed up with a 22 pounder the night before Thanksgiving one year after I asked her to not exceed 16 lbs. Well, it's baby Sister so I told her it's a GO. Keep in mind the turkey weight includes gravy pack, neck bone other giblets and such.

I learned on that cook that if it will fit in the basket and maintain it's space from the SS wall you can cook it to Perfection in TBE.

I may have some pic's of the cook here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200865

Nice. I was ballparking that about 20lbs would be fine. You’ve just confirmed for me! Thanks very much.

How do you like the injection vs dry brining?

Nice. I was ballparking that about 20lbs would be fine. You’ve just confirmed for me! Thanks very much.

How do you like the injection vs dry brining?

No contest with me. Always inject. If you check the thread there are many examples.

I can see why folks brine too. :thumb:

Back