Assassin 48 questions...

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Interested in the Assassin 48. It seems to fill a niche nicely for me, maybe.

Do they have any retailers that sell them like St Louis BBQ Store?

Can I get the cook chamber dimensions (outside most H x W x L) from someone? I'd like to make it something I can fabricate to mount it on my Shirley if possible.

Also, if anyone has an 72 do you have any pics, grate sizes, etc...?

Thinking if I can fabricate QD points that the base could be left on my patio and use the same size/style mount on the front of my Shirley. That means my REALLY ugly UDS could be donated to a buddy, the Assassin would be on my patio for most smoking/grilling needs and switched over to the Shirley when it is called for at comps/catering.

If this doesn't work I will probably have one mounted on my next Shirley.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. If you go with a new Shirley I think they made one with a ramp for a cabinet or GF.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is the one I wanted mounted to my Shirley. I thought it was a really nice match to the straight back SF.
ff5dbde7979bea6c18a1d77d1cd0a741.jpg

I am looking at the "grill". As it is a bit more flexible. Grills and smokes.

I am looking at the "grill". As it is a bit more flexible. Grills and smokes.

I totally missed that. :doh:

Interested in the Assassin 48. It seems to fill a niche nicely for me, maybe.

Do they have any retailers that sell them like St Louis BBQ Store?

As far as I know, they are no retailers. Made in Macon, GA, and can be shipped or picked up.

Can I get the cook chamber dimensions (outside most H x W x L) from someone? I'd like to make it something I can fabricate to mount it on my Shirley if possible.

I will pick up my 48 next week, so I do not know actual measured dimensions in person. However, according to information on the website, I believe the 48 cook chamber outside dimensions are 48" wide x 24" deep x 24" tall, with the bottom grill grate being 42" x 21" and the top grill grate being 42" x 16".

I have seen a picture of one mounted on a trailer, but it would probably be best to call and talk directly to Jeff Conley. Jeff is easy to talk to and can help you figure out what you looking for.

I don't know the weight of the Assassin, but you should think about the weight and it's location as it could very well throw off the balance of your Shirley trailer. Just a thought.
But there should be a way to mount it and have it removable.
Removing and installing might be the biggest pain.

If you want to know the weight and dimensions just give Assassin a call. They are very nice people and you can speak with the guy that does the actual fabrication.

I don't know the weight of the Assassin, but you should think about the weight and it's location as it could very well throw off the balance of your Shirley trailer. Just a thought.
But there should be a way to mount it and have it removable.
Removing and installing might be the biggest pain.
I have the equipment to move it back and forth.

I would mock up with tractor weights first to see the effects on my current set-up.

I have 48 so your wanting dimension of just the smoker with no cart right ?

48" width X 24 1/2" depth X 24 1/2" high and that is not including the stack or the shelves on the front or side .

Back