Lucky I caught this article

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!
I thawed two strip steaks and I was thinking what to do with them. I caught this article just at the right time:
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/extreme_steak.html

Took the skewers and the chimney and went for it:

2x2c9TCh.jpg

too bad my chimney isn't big enough for the two pieces:

EXBMeQNh.jpg

Had to put them one at a time

Zwp9hB6h.gif

Nice browning

qldtzrnh.jpg

And nice MR inside

J9yBWuth.jpg

Oh my yes please.
:grin:
Thats still Moo'n. Not MR. I'd tell the waitress to send it back.

What are you talking about... There's medium near the crust and rear in the middle. :grin:

Agreed. That is simply raw meat which has undergone a shallow searing to the outside.

I'd hit it........

And you'd like it :grin: that's the definition of a steak to me

I would hit that I have done great steaks cooking them directly on the lump charcoal

Thanks Big George

no, no, send it to me instead

It'll get cold :wink:

Looks good to me. Next time try putting the cooking grate of your charcoal grill on top of the chimney. You'll get grill marks and won't lose juices because of the skewers that way.

Looks like Steak Tatar which looks just like that

You are thinking of Carpaccio. Tartar is chopped or ground. Both delicious when prepared correct.

When cooking a steak I need it med-rare. Rare is simply too chewy for my taste. Another 5-10 degrees would tenderize that thing perfectly.

I would also suggest putting the grill grate on top of the chimney. Much easier.

This is the perfect way to sear tuna steaks. Saw Alton Brown do that decades ago.

Looks good to me. Next time try putting the cooking grate of your charcoal grill on top of the chimney. You'll get grill marks and won't lose juices because of the skewers that way.

You are thinking of Carpaccio. Tartar is chopped or ground. Both delicious when prepared correct.

When cooking a steak I need it med-rare. Rare is simply too chewy for my taste. Another 5-10 degrees would tenderize that thing perfectly.

I would also suggest putting the grill grate on top of the chimney. Much easier.

This is the perfect way to sear tuna steaks. Saw Alton Brown do that decades ago.

Thanks T.Mac and Cook. I have seared using a grate before.
Wanted to try something different. Amazingribs.com is always against sear marks caused by grates for some reason.

A good steak is best when there's a chance it could run away
Looks good to me

Larry

Wanted to try something different. Amazingribs.com is always against sear marks caused by grates for some reason.

Sear marks are the result of too much heat, in the opinion of Amazing Ribs. They occur after the meat has reached it's optimum "crusting" (the Maillard reaction) and has entered the "burned charcoal" phase.

That's why they call themselves Amazing Ribs...and not Amazing Steak

Looks great, I would prefer a little more done , but thats just me.
Btw
Who gives a care what gets it done.

Back