MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel
Default Trade Round - Poker Night Cook

Tonight is the last night coaching my son's youth baseball season. 'Mandatory Coaches Meeting' (errr...poker night) after the game. One of the other coaches says...hey, how bout you smoke some ribs? Uh OK...twist my arm.

One of the other coaches says...hey, I have some Conecuh sausage in my freezer I've been meaning to cook...can you do that too? Uh OK...twist again.

Timing was perfect as I just got my package from the current Trade Round. Bbqwizard sent me an awesome selection, including some of his own commercial rubs. One of them is a pork rub...great time to try it out!

Trimmed and rubbed..let them hang in the fridge for an hour while the PBC gets ready.

On the smoke with chunks of cherry. Running at 260-270. See ya in 4 hours.

Lang 36 Deluxe, Pit Barrel Cooker, Weber: 26 w/ Rotisserie Ring, MasterTouch 22, & 18, Good One Open Range, Blackstone 36 Griddle, Traeger Junior (retired), Char-Broil Gasser, Thermopop Red, Fireboard

4 Time TD Winner 1 2 3 4

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams

Just so happens that outdoor cooking is not only my hobby but also serves as my therapy. - rwalters
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
tonyjohnson619
is one Smokin' Farker

Jealous

I am stuck working right now
tonyjohnson619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like an awesome use of your trade items...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

4.5 hours on the smoke. Threw the Conecuh on when I sauced (50/50 Blues Hog).

Pulled and foiled. Now in a cooler with towels and off to the game. Bet they don't last long enough at poker night to get a pic.

Lang 36 Deluxe, Pit Barrel Cooker, Weber: 26 w/ Rotisserie Ring, MasterTouch 22, & 18, Good One Open Range, Blackstone 36 Griddle, Traeger Junior (retired), Char-Broil Gasser, Thermopop Red, Fireboard

4 Time TD Winner 1 2 3 4

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams

Just so happens that outdoor cooking is not only my hobby but also serves as my therapy. - rwalters

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Looks great!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
IamMadMan

Awesome cook, how did you like the new rub, Tell us about it.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #7
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Awesome cook, how did you like the new rub, Tell us about it.
Poker night was great. I made $20 last all night. I was the third to the last to go out. The other two just split the pot.

Ribs went well, but there was lots of other food too so I had one slab left. No pics of the sliced or plated ribs.

Rub was good. Paired well with the blues hog mix. It's a savory/sweet rub with a brown sugar base...lemon pepper, summer savory, and some of the usual players too. Gave nice color and carmelized nicely.

Next slab I'll do one dry just so I can get a good taste of the rub.

4 Time TD Winner 1 2 3 4

Old 06-18-2017, 01:48 AM   #8
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Awesome cook! Ribs and sausage look amazing.
Vision Kamado PRO
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K), WGA(P) WJJ(CU)
Hunsaker Drum & Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
"THE BLACKSTONE POSSE" Member
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Great looking bones!

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote