First build is getting christened this weekend!

iStrikeBack

Got Wood.
Reaction score
So this is my first build. It's a vertical tank 24'' in diameter by 5.5' tall without the legs.

There are still some finishing touches that need done i.e. paint touchup, thermometers, etc.

This is the only pic I have of it completed so far, I'll post more this weekend, Happy Friday!

Attachments

• IMG_8054.jpg
    IMG_8054.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 79
I like it. :thumb: fit and finish looks tight.

That looks great! Very similar to mine and I can't wait to see more!!! :thumb:

Looks great. Some advise on running this size vertical: you will need a lot less fire thsn you think. I would start with about 1/2 a chimney of charcoal/lump and add small splits (i.e 2X2x12-16), maybe 1-2 at a time. Best of luck :thumb:

Looks great. Some advise on running this size vertical: you will need a lot less fire thsn you think. I would start with about 1/2 a chimney of charcoal/lump and add small splits (i.e 2X2x12-16), maybe 1-2 at a time. Best of luck :thumb:

Truth!!! I just ran mine last night and it was exactly that...half a chimney then 2 splits a little bigger than what Dave said and one split every hour and a half for the 4 hour cook. Held steady at 300* the whole time.

Heat management is the key and these verticals can run hot very easily. You'll just have to play with it and find what yours needs.

Back