MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Roger Wood spicy hot "Lumber Jack" smoked sausage.

Made in Savannah Ga although I don't remember it while visiting there, if you run across it I'd recommend giving it a try.

Toasted Brotchen to use as Buns

One with a Claussen dill, Mustard and Boar's Head Horseradish Grated In Vinegar (love the Boar's Head Horseradish), the other Mustard and Pepperoncini.

KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Frales
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Frales

Looks great for a quick easy meal. How hot are they?

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frales View Post
Looks great for a quick easy meal. How hot are they?
It's hard to say because we all have our own ideas of what is spicy and what is not, they aren't burn your arse hot but they have nice little bite imo and I thought they were tasty enough to share.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Yum! Looks mighty fine Kevin. I like the sound of your toppings too!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #5
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Yum! Looks mighty fine Kevin. I like the sound of your toppings too!
Thank you Jeanie

Old 06-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #6
bwram1
is one Smokin' Farker

Love the Roger Woods...used the originals for my tubesteak throwdown entry on Sunday.
Old Country Smokehouse; Pit Barrel Cooker; WSM 22; Weber OTG 22; [COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black]36"[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] Blackstone griddle; [/COLOR][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] Thermoworks Smoke; [COLOR=Blue][B]BLUE [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen; [B]BLACK[/B] Thermopop[COLOR=Red].[/COLOR]
bwram1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 06:06 AM   #7
ShadowDriver

Name/Nickname : Marc

That looks delicious!
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #8
tkegumby
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Mike

I grew up in a little town just north of Savannah, so I know a little something about them. I have to say I have never enjoyed eating them. The flavor is ok, but no matter how you cook them, the texture of the meat is awful! I got turned on to Earl Campbell's Hot Links a couple years ago & they are head and shoulders better than Roger Wood. But if anyone near Omaha just has to have Roger Wood, I go home every Christmas & would be happy to bring some back.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #9
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDriver View Post
That looks delicious!
Thanks Marc.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #10
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

You had me at Brotchen! Miss those from my time Germany...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #11
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
You had me at Brotchen! Miss those from my time Germany...
Spent 3.5 years over there in the early to mid 80's loved it, drank a lot of good beer and ate a lot of fresh baked Brotchen.

Fried Schnitzel on Brotchen sandwiches

Old 06-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #12
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

I was there '87 to '93. Loved walking down the street and getting a hot brat on a brotchen from a little stand on the side of the road.

But, my favorite had to be going to the fests every weekend, drinking the cold beer, and getting a (usually several) schwenkbraten or schwenksteak (different name depending on where you were) on a brotchen mit senf (spicy mustard). Fatty grilled pork that was tender and juicy.

I have tried to duplicate that so many times, and failed miserably. I can find a pretty close copy of the marinade / rub, but the cut of meat (pork) still remains a mystery. I tried loins and it was way too lean. Now that I think about it, it could be sliced boneless butt.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #13
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
Now that I think about it, it could be sliced boneless butt.
I think you are on to something there Terry, I was thinking about pounding out cutting up and breading a Pork Steak.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #14
sylntghost
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
I think you are on to something there Terry, I was thinking about pounding out cutting up and breading a Pork Steak.
My favorite Samich in the world is salami on a brochen.my dad did 2 tours in Germany.3 years then 4.. I still daydream about the jagerschnitzel
Rodney. 24x75 Shirley cabinet with first hip roof main chamber. Shirley double burner griddle stand.kamado joe big joe.weber kettle.4 & 8 gallon Cajun fryers. Lone star grillz large insulated vertical cabinet
sylntghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #15
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylntghost View Post
I still daydream about the jagerschnitzel
Mit Pommes Frites or Spatzle?