Bayou classic vs old country pecos

Sfine118

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
If you guys had the choice between these 2 offsets for backyard use which would you choose? Both seem to be the same size. The bayou has thicker metal. Anyway they are both priced the same. Just curious on your thoughts. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out right now about the bayou. And Ive read both threads on the bayou and watched the YouTube review. Thanks!!

babybackmaniac has a review video on the Bayou Classic 36" He was very impressed by the build quality and how it cooked.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU5ZUk7g8cY"]Is this the best cheap offset smoker? Epic Bayou Classic Offset Review - YouTube[/ame]

Some have had issues with the build quality of the OC line.

I just got the bayou classic a few weeks ago 2 cooks on it so far, for the money it is well built , I have never laid hands on the pecos but from what I have read most people like them . I would say you would be happy with either

I have the Bayou but did not get the deal like Jason, Justin and those other luck farkers. I have no experience running an offset but have done 2 cooks so far. I have n complaint as of yet. But I was just looking at another thread about the pecos I'm kinda scratching my head on how much money I may have overspent, I paid a little more than the original cosco price :loco:

Where do you even buy a Bayou Classic right now? Especially for the same price as a pecos? Haven't the few Costcos that sold them run out by now?

I found a few somewhat local. Still a little bit of a drive though.

they both look great..I used to have a Pecos. the Pecos you can add splits on the side of the fire box which is what I prefer. plus you can use the fire box door to help control temps/fire instead of using the daisy wheels. easy to find used Pecos on Craigslist which helps bring the cost down..sold mine to my brother once I got my bubba grills patio. both would work for you. I really enjoyed my pecos

I got the Costco crazy good deal on the Bayou. I have 3 cooks on it so far and I am starting to figure it out. There is a pretty big temp difference from one side to the next, A pan helps even it out. I am thinking about playing with some turning plates to see if I can get it more even. The quality of the Q I am putting out has never been better. I nailed 2 briskets in a row.

I dropped some hints to my wife about a possible Father's Day gift. It'll be my first Father's Day this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! And I hope there is still one available.

8DioCS3m.jpg

Perfect fit!

Back