Lamb Roast Question ???

Smokiemon

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am firing up the smoker tomorrow gonna make spatchcock chicken and BB Ribs. My neighbor brought me down a lamb roast he had processed. I am wondering how to cook this ?? Amy suggestions ? Mabey some Oakridge Santa Maria ?

Attachments

• IMG_6619.jpg
    IMG_6619.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6620.jpg
    IMG_6620.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6621.jpg
    IMG_6621.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
Looks like a shoulder roast to me. These are very nice smoked like a pork butt i.e. through to about 200F and pulled. I do them to that temp both on a rack and on a roti, roti is even better.

Oakridge Santa Maria would be great, I have used that. Lotsa garlic in the rub is good. I have also done smoked to about 120, then put in a thick mix of redwine, garlic, onions etc and finished to about 150. Lamb loves injections.

Generally best lighter on smoke than heavier.

Attachments

• IMG_1204-lamb.JPG
    IMG_1204-lamb.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 27
Looks like a shoulder roast to me. These are very nice smoked like a pork butt i.e. through to about 200F and pulled. I do them to that temp both on a rack and on a roti, roti is even better.

Oakridge Santa Maria would be great, I have used that. Lotsa garlic in the rub is good. I have also done smoked to about 120, then put in a thick mix of redwine, garlic, onions etc and finished to about 150. Lamb loves injections.

Generally best lighter on smoke than heavier.

Thank you!!

Back