THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Skirt steak is one of my favorite cuts of beef and Costcos near me unfortunately stopped selling it a few years back...not long after they stopped selling tri tip. The last time I was at Restaurant Depot I saw they had big bundles of it for sale there.

For those have you that bought skirt steak there before, how much trimming was required to get it where you wanted to be? The package of tri tip I bought there still had a lot of fat on it, but it wasn't too terribly difficult to remove. I didn't buy the skirt steak there out of concern there may be a lot of difficult trimming required on a thin cut of meat.

TIA

I imagine it's probably about the same as the untrimmed skirt they sell at the local Mexi-Mart. So it'll be a good amount but nothing too crazy. BTW, RD is the only place I've seen that still sells outer skirt. All the grocery stores seem to only sell inner skirt.

Back