MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
sparkmonkey
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Rub recipes

New member so don't have access to the recipes yet. Scrolling through looking for rub ideas. Usually i purchase a commercial rub but want to start making my own. i prefer my ribs dry and my wife likes em sauced. i'd like a little heat and that would go well with whatever sauce she picks. She usually uses honey bbq, I'm not a fan of too much sweet.

Any good starting recipes? Something i can try and mod as i learn?
sparkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

You can always use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page to search this site.

Try this thread to start! http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=Rub+recipe
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
Beer/Meat/Victory
Full Fledged Farker

I found a rub called "Mild bubba Q rub" on another forum that can be googled easily. It's a great base for slightly sweet ribs with a backend bite if you up the cayenne a bit. I had been using this on pork butt, but just did some ribs for some out of town folks and they were a hit. Just sweet enough to compliment, I also do dry ribs so everyone can sauce to their own liking.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #4
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

I thought the commercial rubs were pricey- until I added up the $$ of the tins and small jars of their ingredients. It is cool to make your own rub and tell your friends/family "I made that". Experiment - keep notes with weights/measures - maybe make micro batches until you get it "just right". It may take awhile to hit exactly the taste you are looking for. (I've had more than a few samples I had to toss as "not bad...just not good". I still buy the commercial rubs- they are quick, easy and ready to go without me having to frantically whip something up at the last minute. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:31 AM   #5
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

Try Meathead's recipes on:http://amazingribs.com/recipes/index.html
22" Weber Kettle black, 18" Weber Kettle black,Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Weber Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, The Big Easy, Anova Immersion Cooker, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotisserie, Infrared temp gun, Maverick ET-732, ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mats
EricD is offline   Reply With Quote