A Little Sunday Ribs and Chicken

Cat797

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Ed
This past week was my birthday, but I was traveling for work in Kansas City, so I had a little Jack Stack BBQ on the road. Today I had the opportunity to cook so I fired up the Yoder YS640 for some ribs and chicken. My wife and kids like fall off the bone ribs, so that's what we got. I just ordered some stuff from Malcom Reed, so used Killer Hogs rub and sauce. My wife made her famous mac salad and made some beans. We also tried a new mac and cheese recipe that was pretty killer too!......I'll let the pics do the talking.....

Getting ready for a wrap.....

Almost Ready......

Done......

Sides.....

My plate......

Thanks for looking!

Ed

All looks great, i just tried killer hogs bbq rub and really liked it. Especially like the color it puts on the ribs

Everything about this post makes me :)

Talk to us about those thighs. Did you cook low n slow the entire time? If yes, how was the skin? Curious about your method.

Thanks all for the kind words!

Everything about this post makes me :)

Talk to us about those thighs. Did you cook low n slow the entire time? If yes, how was the skin? Curious about your method.

I ran the cooker at 275 the whole time. I just took regular thighs and deboned them, and trimmed them up nice, like competition style. To be honest, the skin was pretty bad :sad: It tasted ok, but I probably should have scraped the fat off the skins, but that is too much work. If I would have been able to pull the ribs sooner, I could have dialed in at 350 and they would have been much better.

Chicken is not my strong suit! :grin:

Ed

Back