Suggestions Needed: Traveling for the Superbowl, but want to share my BBQ

swc47

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hey all,

With the big game coming up this weekend, my girl and I are headed to her folks house for a party they host. We are in Baltimore, and they are on the Eastern Shore, so it's going to be like a 2.5 hour drive, and we are going to get in Saturday afternoon - meaning the only time I'll be with my cooker is going to be Friday night, and Saturday morning before we leave. I was going to do something really simple and crowd pleasing, like Pork BBQ sliders. My question is this, with the game being Sunday night, is it possible to cook the Pork Shoulder Friday night/Saturday morning, keep it fresh, maybe braise it Sunday for a little (?), and then pull it and construct the sliders for the game, while still having it taste as good as it normally would? Thanks for the

I think a lot of people will suggest pulling, vac seal, freeze then reheat Sunday.

Here is what I would do.

Friday night get smoker up to 300-325 and get the butt/pinic/shoulder on for 4 hours.

Wrap it in foil. And place in a pan

Stick it in the oven overnight at 225 degrees.

Wake up in the morning and test for doneness. Take it out when the shoulder is done.

Open the foil up for 15-20mins to vent off heat. Then wrap it tight again.

Place in an empty cooler and fill empty space with towels, balled up newspaper, etc. Transport with you. It will stay hot for hours.

Once you get to your destination. Pull the pork and eat some for dinner. The leftovers place in ziploc bags making sure to get as much air out of the ziploc. Also flatten the meat in the bag, this makes reheating a lot easier.

To reheat - get a pot of water up to a boil and then turn it on low. Place bag of pork in the water for 15-20mins to reheat. Serve and win.

:twisted:

picture.php

SmittyJonz. could you post some pictures of your smoker on the little trailer. I have a tank like that I have been looking for some ideas on what to do with it.

Wow! and thanks! Thats going to be a hard act to follow.

Back