MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Exclamation Nailed and Settled - The Cytherea of Taco Juices and Bob Brisket

As many know, I have been dildoing around with tacos for my theme MKT (Military Kitchen Trailer). I have posted more than a few threads here about Tacos but have not really revealed much about the process.

In a sad way some will look at my mutilation of a brisket for a crowd of street taco lovers as sacrilege. I hope, however to make it up with my Taco Juices. When you bite into a taco its other end should spew out its orgasmic expressions on the other side... of course smart and experienced taco Lotharios always suck in as they bite... drawing in her nectar as they chew off a bite.

This pictorial is in two parts. Although I began my process on another thread called "Mexicoid Brisket," the experiments with the magical and sexual taco consomme ends here.

So.... why brisket for a taco? Hmmm... ground round... $5 a pound..... cheap, untrimmed brisket $2, pork butt - about $2. Even with shrinkage - its a deal and customers will pay more for it.

The other requirement is rooted in the purpose for the project itself - make money, keep it simple and low labor, while making your customers think you prepped for more hours than you did. In other words, shortcuts - after all its tacos and not championship BBQ pageantry.

Part one - the Mutilation

Mix the Rub

For every part of my brisket rub - to make it more Mexicoid, I add the proper amounts of Cumin (Chaka Kahn ), Large Grained Salt (George Clinton), and Chili Powder (Carlos Santana?). Here is a shot of before and after.
1.jpg2.jpg

Trim your Brisket of hard fat and oxidized meat.

3.jpg

Now chop the brisket into three "mass identical" segments and cross cut for maximum flavor penetration and bark - you get more bark this way and it cooks faster.

4.jpg5.jpg

I do both sides AND slather on a thin application of Sriracha.
6.jpg

Hook it up and smoke for two to three hours. 7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

I dump them in a pan with onions and citrus for a cook in a Turkey Roaster until tender.
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
26.jpg

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!!!! i WILL POST THE cONSOMME

Edict.

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 01-05-2017 at 09:37 PM..
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Part TWO - Cytherean Taco Juice. Coming in a moment

Edict.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Oh man that looks good, but how could you forget the code? Maybe this will help....

(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Can't hardly wait my mouth is watering.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Bigbears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I like where this is going
OG PBC
Gen 1Weber performer
Bigbears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Looking good, Donnie! My mouth is watering..........

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #7
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

In the "Mexicoid Brisket I was getting nearer to this sauce.

20.jpg

The first time I ever saw it was here

Notice the sauces... there are two.. one, sort of a chili based salsa and the other a meat drippings consomme. Mix them together and you have Birria. Now typically Birria is a meat stew that is chili rich, they also use it as a sauce on Mexican meats. VERY rich in taste.

A few weeks ago I nailed the recipe then....... realized it was too complex to do every time I sold tacos... for all I lost in time with smoking the meat I gained in making it.

I talked to a few people, including Bob Brisket and formulated a simple alternative I could make on site quickly. It needed three parts... intense, unmolested chili concentrate (Bob said frozen that I Made myself for flavor control), a damn good enchilada sauce, and beef drippings (or pork) from the roaster that finished off the meat - sans the grease - which i use on the side to dip the tortilla in before I griddle it to crisp.

So the chili paste is simple. Take dried chilies, toast a bit then add hot water and simmer and soak a bit. I let it sit to warm to the hand temp. Blend with its water until smooth. I also blended some cilantro with the roasted and re hydrated chilies too as I recalled. Bob says what is going to be good about this is I can experiment with the blend. In this case, two dried pasila chilies with one ancho. I take this and freeze for later.
Chili Paste.jpg

Now I farted around with the tomato/chili balance and what I found was simple. To an appropriate amount of chili paste (palm size for me) I add a can of this sauce and simmer.
22.jpg

I also add Goya suffrito and a bit of their cilantro blend, say two spoons of suffrito to every cilantro.

suff.jpg

When you drain the fat off the drippings you add an appropriate amount of that to suit you. Tip... never salt anything until you have the meat drippings in. I also pour lime juice in and adjust any seasonings. I did add some sugar at one point to take an edge off.

This sauce is strained and milled (push the mush through as best as you can) TWICE.

23.jpg

The sheen you see is water or like - if there is such a thing - a chili whey. It is not grease. The spices are so dense they settle and push a thin layer of liquid on top.

It is served warm and over the meat for added depth of flavor. Center.

24.jpg

Here it is on a steak taco.
25.jpg

You can also use it as a dip... therefore, eating a Mexican French Dip.

21.jpg

So, there you have it. If I were you I would save your brisket drippings and experiment with the Cytherea Squirting Taco sauce

Edict.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #8
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Like adding Cheese to my Soulbread, resist the urge to pour this in bulk over the meat THEN serving. its not the same.

Edict.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
BobBrisket

LMFAO! The Cytherea Squirting Taco Sauce! Best reference EVER!

Looks fantastic, Donnie! Have you just experimented with it at home or have you use it for vending yet?

I don't know if I ever brought this up in the other thread, but it crossed my mind the other day. I remember how fantastic your Dip Sauce is for your fried chicken recipe is. I bet a version of that one mixed with some if this one would rock some tacos de pollo? Heck, maybe even beef ones.

What did you think of the final heat in the concentrate? Some cayenne, arbol, or the hot or med heat new mex red pods would ramp it up if you wanted.

I'd hit it hard ....till it squirted and twice on Sunday!

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Last edited by BobBrisket; 01-05-2017 at 10:25 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #10
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Bob Brisket.... LOL so a second ago a fan of mine sent me this video of the same dude .... note 30 seconds in and later... as he uses it to fill a soup order.

Can YOU IMAGINE how good his consumme tastes with that meat in there?

Edict.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #11
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Best title ever...and a pretty good thread and pics to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #12
BobBrisket

I'm gonna venture to say that the only liquid in the larger pot is just the stock itself. That's where they hold the "boiled" meat or could be done up in its own fats like carnitas. That stock is a great soup on its own. Tons of fat floating up top. Very much like a caldo de rez. I'm sure there is tons of onions and garlic in there too. They most likely make the red from that very same stock, guaranteed.

Bob

P.S. Cytherea searches are through the roof! Lmao!

Old 01-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
BobBrisket

Now, for the treatment you gave that brisket.......perfectly acceptable. Standard cut for desebrada(shredded) beef, at least around here it is brisket. For the same reasons you mentioned, fat content, taste, and PRICE. The norm here is a couple briskets tossed into a roaster with some water and Claude's Brisket Sauce. (I'm sure you've heard of Claude's.). Some garlic, onion, jalapeños, cilantro and let em go till they are tender enough to fork shred. That is a staple protein at parties. My grandmothers, aunts, my mom, made it that way for years. Then, my dad and I started going the route you used, smoke first then into the roaster and we have since ditched the Claudes. It is just too overpowering.

Since you vend, maybe chuckroll would be better for you and give out more yield. It has plenty of fat content too.

Those rolls priced at about 80 and 60 bucks each. It is my go to now when I cook for parties.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=Chuck+roll

Bob

Last edited by BobBrisket; 01-05-2017 at 10:49 PM..

Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #14
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

i love that ur kid made it!

Edict.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #15
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Donnie, not everyone will get that reference but some will!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote