MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Guess I'd Best Start Reading THIS Section Too!

HawgsNHeifers asked me if I'd wash dishes and tote trash for him and Ms. Hawg this year while they compete in six events around the area.

Of course I said yes, and then all of a sudden I'm also the web master and marketing wizard and all that other non-bbq stuff too.

And that's just fine with me 'cause they are some of the finest folk you'd ever want to meet.

Guess I'll be learning how to set up those mobile kitchen thingies from Cabella's . . . or at least how to wash them out and take them down.

And setting up the lean-to's as well . . . Osage City KS in April is our first event. Seems to me that, what with being a native Kansan and all, most times we're dodging thunderstorms in April around here . . .

This will be a LOT of fun! Thunderstorms, BBQ and beer - a guy can't get much better than that in Kansas!

Thanks Todd and Theresa!

/Brother Dave
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Congratulations, I betting you will absolutely love it!

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats, Dave! Todd came out to Osage City last year to help us out and if it weren't for him, I think our canopy would have blown away. It wasn't the rain there but the non-stop wind! Wow! Kansas for sure! Best of luck to you all this season! I'll miss ya'all at that one though. We'll be competing in Jefferson City that weekend.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks, guys. I know it'll be a ton 'o fun!

One thing that I'd like to ask as a Brand Spanking New Competition BBQ team member . . .

What is the most important thing to do or provide or ? for helping a new team out? Since this is our first season, what are the fundamentals we should concentrate on?

Thanks again!

/Brother Dave
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295

Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats Dave! Get ready for a wild time. We love going down to Osage City....we'll see you down there.

When we started Smoke on Wheels, Amy (HoDeDo's sister) and I were the gofers and did whatever else we were asked to do. Now that we've done this for 5-6 years we're still gofers but now I make up the turn-in boxes. I'm hoping to take over cooking a meat sometime this year when it's just HoDeDo and I.

What other contests are you doing around the area?

Oh BTW, I like your name for the site......when we lived in Lawrence I had a personalized plate with ROKCHLK.....couldn't get it here in wyco.

GO JAYHAWKS!

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
Hawgsnheifers
Take a breath!

Hey David, got the website done yet? Oh and I need you clean the mouse terds out the smoker before we get started this year, and I forgot to tell you this but your also in charge of emptying the port-a-potty out when we tear down on Saturday's, and I can't afford to buy a Coleman hot water heater just yet so your also gonna have to handle the fleet of 12 coffee makers to heat the water. Oh and I will also need you to fill 20, 5 gallon fresh water containers with filtered water from Hi-Vee and ...........and.........and when your done with that I need you to............

18.5 WSM with BBQ Guru Competition MOD
Bandera with Spicewine Firebox MOD (Lives at Chiefs now)
Silver Smoker with "leak like a Sive" MOD
Brinkman Gourmet with "Critter Infestation" MOD
Jenn-Air 4 Burner Gas Passer with "Lazy" MOD

"Life is hard. It's harder when your stupid."
Hawgsnheifers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgsnheifers
Hey David, got the website done yet? Oh and I need you clean the mouse terds out the smoker before we get started this year, and I forgot to tell you this but your also in charge of emptying the port-a-potty out when we tear down on Saturday's, and I can't afford to buy a Coleman hot water heater just yet so your also gonna have to handle the fleet of 12 coffee makers to heat the water. Oh and I will also need you to fill 20, 5 gallon fresh water containers with filtered water from Hi-Vee and ...........and.........and when your done with that I need you to............
Nope - web site's not done yet. I'm awfully sorry 'bout that . . .

At least I'll get to do all that other stuff with the smell of sweet, sweet BBQ in the air! That's worth more than you can imagine.

Thanks, Todd! I am seriously happy to help in any way that I can.

Hmm. Now where'd that smokin' wood go?

/Brother Dave