joined the 270 smoker family and a big shout out to mason dixon bbq

Twisted T's Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have been wanting a new smoker for some time now ( thanks brethren lol ) . after a lot of research I decided on the large 270 smoker. I can't thank Zak and Mason Dixon BBQ out of Fredrick Maryland enough . talked to Zak on Saturday morning and basically picked his brain and asked a lot of questions about the 3 different insulated cabinet smokers they sell ( backwoods, meadow creek and 270 smokers ) , and came up with my decision on the 270. and WOW talk about service they are personally delivering it this Wednesday, I am stoked to get my new toy and get her smoking , I will defiantly post pics when I get it and pics of some killer Q it puts out ..... would greatly appreciate any advice from other 270 owners and I am defiantly proud to be part of the family.....

PS: like I say talked to Zak Saturday morning and finalized the deal this evening and yes in 2 days they are delivering , actually only one day wait , man that is great service.....

Wow congrats ::eusa_clap. Always thought that was a cool smoker - looking forward to pics and first cook :thumb:

thanks brother , I think so too. next smoker will be a lang , probably the 36 deluxe stretch

That's the mark of a true BBQ Brethren: haven't yet gotten the new smoker and already planning on getting the NEXT smoker!

Enjoy your new cooker! Can't wait to see it in action. Those 270 smokers look amazing!

Bruce

You will not be disappointed. I've had mine about a month and a half and LOVE it. Which model did you go for?

It is absolutely TRUE regarding no external gadgets or fans are needed. That sucker stays rock steady temperatures. The vent in the back just needs slight tweeks to change the temp up and down.

Pretty soon, I'm going to put up a post like this with picks too.

Glad to see more people buying them. It was a great decision on my part. I could not be happier.

I've had my Standard 270 for about a year and it's the real deal. Like others have said it really does lock in the temp and you never have to fiddle with it at all. I now use lump but have used several bags of briqs and they both work fine; just whatever your personal fuel preference is. The best part of this smoker is the convection aspect of it which cuts down my cook time by about 40% running at 250-275. You will get butts done in 8 hours easily no foil and big 14lb packers no wrap in about 9. Have fun!

You will not be disappointed. I've had mine about a month and a half and LOVE it. Which model did you go for?

It is absolutely TRUE regarding no external gadgets or fans are needed. That sucker stays rock steady temperatures. The vent in the back just needs slight tweeks to change the temp up and down.

Pretty soon, I'm going to put up a post like this with picks too.

Glad to see more people buying them. It was a great decision on my part. I could not be happier.

I got the large model, and looking forward to seeing your pics

I've had my Standard 270 for about a year and it's the real deal. Like others have said it really does lock in the temp and you never have to fiddle with it at all. I now use lump but have used several bags of briqs and they both work fine; just whatever your personal fuel preference is. The best part of this smoker is the convection aspect of it which cuts down my cook time by about 40% running at 250-275. You will get butts done in 8 hours easily no foil and big 14lb packers no wrap in about 9. Have fun!

thank you for your words of encouragement , what is your method of lighting and starting the 270 ?

Back