MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill
Default Bacon wrapped pulled pork potato skins

Local grocer had these recently. I put them on the smoker at 350 for ..... well, I have no idea how long as I forgot about them. So, definitely overdone but still a great combo. Will have to try making them myself at some point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2525.jpg (66.7 KB, 246 views)

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
Ol'Joe
is one Smokin' Farker

They look great, any idea of how they're made or a recipe? If they are from a store, what's the brand?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sliced pic would be helpful, but I bet they are long gone by now!
Looks like a great idea.
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Joe View Post
They look great, any idea of how they're made or a recipe? If they are from a store, what's the brand?
It's a local store than makes a lot of this kind of thing themselves. On any given day they have a half dozen or so chicken breasts and pork tenderloins wrapped up in various marinades they've done.

It looked like they had just taken a backed potato and hollowed it out (probably using the rest for potato salad or one of their soups), filled it up with some pulled pork and wrapped the whole thing in bacon. I thought there might be some cheese etc., but didn't notice it.

I wish I'd been paying more attention. I wasn't sure how it was going to work to try to cook the bacon enough without nuking the heck out of everything else. Even with overcooking them, they were pretty tasty.

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchar69 View Post
Sliced pic would be helpful, but I bet they are long gone by now!
Looks like a great idea.
Definitely long gone. You'd think I live in downtown NYC based on the way I shop there -- stop pretty much nightly on the way home from work to grab something to grill. Have a couple stuffed pork chops for tomorrow night but will see if they have any more this weekend and post pics if they do.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #6
Jdixon656
Found some matches.

Look great!
Jdixon656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
dcimike125
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Gives me some ideas for next weekend. Thanks for the post
Smoker Inspector for the good of man

Brisketologist , Doctor of Brisketology (Ph.B)
Pit Barrel Cooker (Chesty Puller)
OK Joe Highland (Black Throated Wind)
Weber 22" Kettle (Ma Kettle)
Yeti cooler stocked with Miller High Life
dcimike125 is offline   Reply With Quote