First Ribs for Labor Day

P0rkButt

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Labor Day was a success. I am so thankful we get to live in a land where we have the freedom and pleasure of enjoying a day off work, time with friends and family, the luxury of smoking and grilling, and to worship. I'm also very happy I didn't ruin our meal with pitiful ribs! This was my first time ever cooking ribs and I am overjoyed at the results!

Memphis Dust Rub (recipe available on the web)
Smoked at 225-235 for three hours
Blend of pecan and apple smoke wood (~5 chunks)
At 3 hours, drizzled with local wildflower honey, sprinkled with brown sugar and then brushed with Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce, wrapped in foil and cooked in oven at 235 for one hour.

Finished in oven because amateur beginner here left lid off WSM smoker while applying the fixings above and smoker flamed up to about 400 degrees. Lesson learned. �� Took about 30 minutes to bring smoker temp back down.

With 20 minutes left on ribs I broke the WSM down, placing grill grate on the bottom section to make Mexican Street Corn - grilled corn then applied homemade ju-ju concoction.

Should have taken more during and after pics but hey, it all tasted amazing!

b

Last edited:
Looks real good, a perfect meal. The ribs and corn turned out great.

Homemade Ju-Ju Concoction

"....homemade ju-ju concoction..."

Care to share a little more detail PLEASE???

Here's the recipe for the Mexican Street Corn Topping. This is applied directly after removing corn from the grill.

1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream (we used plain Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Juice of 1/2 a lime

- Note: I despise mayo and sour cream but this recipe is excellent and I don't notice the taste of either. Figured I throw that out there in case there are other weirdos like me. :)

Last edited:
+1 on the Mexican street corn. Try it before you say you won't like it because of the mayo.

Excellent looking ribs. That corn really got my attention - nice! :hungry:

That is one amazing looking meal, thanks for sharing.

Back