MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
JonP
On the road to being a farker

Default Has anyone converted Blackstone Griddle to Natural Gas?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully converted their Blackstone Griddle to NG? If you have I could use some help on instructions or type of kit to purchase.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
hachi-roku_fan
is one Smokin' Farker

I have no direct knowledge, but in your shoes, I would look at the NG conversion kits made for propane grills and start from there.
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
jpbsarris
Knows what a fatty is.

I have not converted a blackstone but have converted a lot of grills. I can't see why you could not convert the blackstone. You would have to purchase a natural gas hose and quick connect for your gas line to replace the LP hose and regulator. The orifices would have to be drilled out larger for natural gas since natural is delivered at less pressure than propane pressure of 11 WC inches. The blackstone lists their burner output at 15,000 BTU so going by that it probably has a 56 or 57 orifice. For a similar BTU output using natural gas you would probably want a 51 or 52 orifice size if your supplier is running at 7 WC inches of pressure on your home gas line. Some suppliers run less than 7 WC inches of pressure so your orifice size may vary accordingly. Use a small pin vice hand drill and carefully drill the orifices out one drill size at a time to avoid breaking the drill bits or wallering them out oversized. You will have to adjust the air mix at the burners for the new setup also.
jpbsarris is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbsarris View Post
I have not converted a blackstone but have converted a lot of grills. I can't see why you could not convert the blackstone. You would have to purchase a natural gas hose and quick connect for your gas line to replace the LP hose and regulator. The orifices would have to be drilled out larger for natural gas since natural is delivered at less pressure than propane pressure of 11 WC inches. The blackstone lists their burner output at 15,000 BTU so going by that it probably has a 56 or 57 orifice. For a similar BTU output using natural gas you would probably want a 51 or 52 orifice size if your supplier is running at 7 WC inches of pressure on your home gas line. Some suppliers run less than 7 WC inches of pressure so your orifice size may vary accordingly. Use a small pin vice hand drill and carefully drill the orifices out one drill size at a time to avoid breaking the drill bits or wallering them out oversized. You will have to adjust the air mix at the burners for the new setup also.
Awesome information, thank you. I was wondering the same thing, but now I think I'll just keep the propane.