Tonight's Dinner

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Reverse seared some Ribeyes rubbed with Schwarz's steak seasoning, some prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and roasted baby potatoes. Topped the ribeye with some Kerrygold and bleu cheese crumbles. Smooshed the potatoes and topped with some more Kerrygold, sour cream, and shredded cheddar.

Followed that up with some brown butter bourbon glazed peaches, topped with Breyer's Vanilla, toasted pecans, and freshly grated cinnamon.

Last edited:
That all looks great, but it is the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus that really sealed the deal for me! Great job.

Oh Wow!! Everything from the butter to the beer is right. :thumb:

That all looks great, but it is the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus that really sealed the deal for me! Great job.

Thanks. Coated the asparagus with some EVOO, a little salt (prosciutto has quite a bit), pepper, and garlic powder. Was very good.

Question on the prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

how do you keep the meat from over cooking and get the asparagus tender ?

i think that dish is the best part of your cook :)

love them both !!

Question on the prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

how do you keep the meat from over cooking and get the asparagus tender ?

i think that dish is the best part of your cook :)

love them both !!

We like asparagus that has a little bite to it, but not a lot. The prosciutto dried out a little but was still good. Cooked indirect at 350 for about 6 minutes or so, flipping frequently. The prosciutto was cut extremely thin so that didn't help. Next time I'll have the deli cut me some that is thicker.

We like asparagus that has a little bite to it, but not a lot. The prosciutto dried out a little but was still good. Cooked indirect at 350 for about 6 minutes or so, flipping frequently. The prosciutto was cut extremely thin so that didn't help. Next time I'll have the deli cut me some that is thicker.

Thats what i was thinking :

thick as bacon :)

Back