First cook on new Performer

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I grabbed a Gen 1 performer off of CL for a steal of $60. I recently got a batch of rub from my favorite place in Nashville, Peg Leg Porkers. Sounds like its time to cook way more chicken than I can eat! Gave them a good dusting them cooked indirect for about 2 hours with hickory and apple. Cooked direct for a few to crisp them up then added a little sauce to the legs and wing sauce to the wings. Left the thighs dry. Another 10 mins to set the sauce and I ate until I couldn't move! Now I have lunch chicken for the week!

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2066.jpg
    IMG_2066.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 209
That looks awesome! That's how I make my chicken too, I use pecan, but indirect then direct to finish.

Beautiful colors...I am even hungirer now than before.....great first cook.

CHICKEN!I love chicken. Looks great. Congrats on the cooker.

Nice find on that cooker, great job, looks delicious.

You broke it in right!

Did you wear a mask when you got that Performer?

At least you got a blue one like mine.

Thanks guys. Its actually green. The blue lid you see in the pic was thrown into the deal for free. Not sure why but I wasnt going to pass up a free lid! Did the lid on the older performers not have the hook inside to hang?

That's a beauty of a cook. Lots of similarities. I just rescued a green SS Performer EI Vent Code last month and yesterday cooked up some drummies.

20160711_110235-01.jpeg
Dusted with some Lowry’s Chipolte Cinnamon Rub and then cooked indirect high heat on the Weber SS performer for about 40 minutes, coating with Sweet Baby ray’s BBQ Sauce ten minutes before pulling them off. They didn’t suck.
20160711_095334-01.jpeg

Back