Jones'in Already

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
How many of you in cold climate locales are jones'in for a contest to cook in already? I just looked at the calendar and it's still 4 months until our first contest. I have cabin fever bad.

BTW... I am starting to have some improvement in my right leg. It's gonna take a while but I am headed in the right direction. It's hard to keep a big dumb Polock down for long.

Great News about the leg Guy !!

What does the Polocks tentative schedule look like for 2007 ?

I'm looking forward to getting out there too...

Glad to hear about the leg Guy. Good Luck. April 20-21 is Salisbury, MD. Our first contest oif the year. Hope to see some of you there.

Salisbury is a semi possibility for me since it's earlier in the year and I could spread out dates a bit more. I heard it rains there every year...April showers I guess.

I believe Rich (LostNation) and Chris (ique) have done this contest on multiple occasions.... Aside from the rain, how does the contest stack up overall ?

Usually at this time i have snowmobile season to keep me busy but there is no snow anywhere so now i have the same dilemma, i will be judging the salisbury MD so that will be my next thing if i dont make it to lakeland next month

Ok, everyone have their Crash Helmets on? Here is the tentative Polock schedule for this coming season.

1. BBQ on the River.....Bristol, PA
2. Connecticut State Championship.....Limerock, Ct
3. King of the Grill......Ocean City, NJ
4. Guitarbeque...........Asbury Park, NJ
5. Harpoon..........Windsor, Vt (Hey we are Optimists)
6. Hudson Valley Rib Fest.........New Paltz, NY
7. New Holland Summerfest.......New Holland, Pa
8. The Lions Harvard Festival......Harvard, Ma

Here is our initial list. We may add or delete a venue here on our way to a final list. Whatever the list turns out to be I sure hope time flies.

butt head said:
I hear ya Guy i'm checkin the calender every day :eek: dam thing wont change.

See, I tell everyone that's the problem with calendars. I am glad someone else has finally noticed.:wink: :biggrin:

Is Bristol (BBQ on the River) still on ? I liked that contest... I don't see any dates yet... I sent Tom Christine, the organizer, two e-mails to inquire and never received a response.

Good Luck getting into Harpoon..we all now how tight that contest is to get into. I sent the guy Fitz several e mails to see if it's even a possibility of expanding teams or having a chance and I have not even received an e-mail acknowledgement.

Last edited:
Lets go and judge harpoon, i was supposed to go and do it last year with the wife, we were gonna make a weekend out of it lots of nice country up there

MilitantSquatter said:
Is Bristol (BBQ on the River) still on ? I liked that contest... I don't see any dates yet... I sent Tom Christine, the organizer, two e-mails to inquire and never received a response.

Ocean City might end up being the same weekend as the bash, (assuming there will be a bash) so I'm not planning on going to Ocean City at this point... That's also the same weekend as the Bands, Bikes & BBQ NEBS contest in CT...

Good Luck getting into Harpoon..we all now how tight that contest is to get into. I sent the guy Fitz several e mails to see if it's even a possibility of expanding teams or having a chance and I have not even received an e-mail acknowledgement.

Vinny,

Our list is nowhere near cast in concrete. We may decide on a trip to Virginia or Maryland also. Michele, Gary and I have to talk about it. The other thing that will influence our decision is our timing in purchasing our truck to tow the trailer. That way we can go to events that Gary is not available to go to. We are leaning toward a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup or a 2007 Jeep Grand cherokee. Both can easily tow our load.

What contests do you plan on going to.

Winter Sizzler

There are still spots open for the "winter sizzler" in Lincoln NH on January 13/ 14, 2007, go to the NEBS website if your interested, they have at least 12 teams as of today... also added chili & wings catagory, I'm only going to judge it,

Sawdustguy said:
Vinny,

Our list is nowhere near cast in concrete. We may decide on a trip to Virginia or Maryland also. Michele, Gary and I have to talk about it. The other thing that will influence our decision is our timing in purchasing our truck to tow the trailer. That way we can go to events that Gary is not available to go to. We are leaning toward a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup or a 2007 Jeep Grand cherokee. Both can easily tow our load.

What contests do you plan on going to.

dodge 1500 not to good, toyota tundra & nissan titan good

Come freeze with us at Lincoln! It's going to be a lot of fun.

Hey Guy,

Don't forget to consider Dover, DE in Oct. I assume that after the huge success last year that it will be back.

Glad to hear the leg is feeling better, Guy.

Anyone have an opinion about Rock N Ribfest in NH late June? I just need to sit with the boys and see what is realistic. I'm definitely sold on Grillin on the Bay, Guitarbeque and either Hudson Valley or New Holland as "Smoke In Da Eye" then may have to go alone or join forces for a couple others.

Heck I live down south and i'm jones'in already. Our first comp is Jan 12th in Houston and i can't wait for that. I couldn't live up north and have to wait 3 or 4 months for the season to start.

I just filled out the paperwork...hopefully this is not a disaster!!! Where are you staying and are you staying over Friday/Sunday?
nancee
tedlor70 said:
Come freeze with us at Lincoln! It's going to be a lot of fun.

new hampshire

Has always been a good contest although big organizational issues have haunted it the last couple of years. I think it will depend on what happens, if anything, with that CT contest that is on the schedule.

I think we will know better when we get back from the frostbite how all these contests are going to shake out

You have mail btw...

Back